Multiple Domains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Domains

I am looking to set up a new Hosting package. I am currently working on a name.
    Can I have a number of websites hosted under one account.
    eg. www.site.com , wwwsite2.com www.site3.com All seperate web sites on different topics.
    I understand that I get one free domain registration with my hosting package, how much for each additional domain name and are their any fees for adding these web sites to my package.
    I have another web site being hosted by netnation that costs me 30.00 per month for a fraction of the features you offer. I will be looking at moving it over next summer as I prepaid for the year. My other domain name is prepaid with network solutions until 2010. www.mainelectronics.com
    Daniel

Re: Multiple Domains

Originally posted by daniel6246
    I am looking to set up a new Hosting package. I am currently working on a name.
    Can I have a number of websites hosted under one account.
    eg. www.site.com , wwwsite2.com www.site3.com All seperate web sites on different topics.

Yes you can - as long as you own the domain names they can be 'add-on' domains.

I understand that I get one free domain registration with my hosting package, how much for each additional domain name and are their any fees for adding these web sites to my package.

$19.95 for additional domain names and there are no costs for setting up add-on domains. You do this yourself through your Control Panel.

I have another web site being hosted by netnation that costs me 30.00 per month for a fraction of the features you offer. I will be looking at moving it over next summer as I prepaid for the year. My other domain name is prepaid with network solutions until 2010.

No problem.

www.mainelectronics.com
    Daniel
    We look forward to seeing you and welcoming you as a fellow member.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Multiple Domains

Pre-payment of a domain name (as you mentioned with Network Solutions) until 2010 is for the Registration.....you will not need to renew yourself as Registrant of the domain for years. That's a good thing! Nothing precludes you from moving the domain anywhere you want even now....you simply would not have to renew it....

Hosting can also be moved, the account cancelled, and refunded according to a pro-rated amount (most hosts operate this way, and very few don't).

For the most part, Hosts allow you to migrate like cell phone companies - you keep your domains - as their primary efforts are geared to keep you satisfied and as their customer. ICANN (the internet's regulatory entity) does stipulate that you must wait 30 days between movement of domains, all to protect unfair domain management, but as legal registrant, you decide where and when it is maintained.
      Unfortunately for most of the world, they obviously have not heard the squeals of joy and the commotion we are all making here at VodaHost!!!

I suggest you look at the provisions to see whether you are actually prevented from moving accordingly.....
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X