Backgrounds Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backgrounds Question

How do I keep the background from repeating down the page? I have selected the image in the page properties, but the top bar shows in the middle of the page. If I follow the tutorial and place the background on the page as an image, then I have problems with the sizing. Besides that the pasted image interferes with other elements on the page.
    No matter how fast you are going, there is always someone trying to pass.

Re: Backgrounds Question

perhaps if you make a shape and set its colour as the image then you can make it as big or small as you want
    robobobo
    Blog Insomnia.com Blogging Help,Guides & Tips
    Techinfo-4u.com Tech Discussions and Guides
    www.visionlandscapes.ie
    [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by greyhame
      How do I keep the background from repeating down the page? I have selected the image in the page properties, but the top bar shows in the middle of the page. If I follow the tutorial and place the background on the page as an image, then I have problems with the sizing. Besides that the pasted image interferes with other elements on the page.
      what's your web site so we can take a look?
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Here is the address of a test page:

http://www.photos2art.biz/template.html

I slelcted page properties to add the background for this page and selected an image from the template library. I also added some test images to cause the page to resize so you can see how the background repeats. It repeats both horizontally and vertically.

Here is another test page I created by using the instructions from the tutorial on adding templates by pasting the template as an image.

http://www.photos2art.biz/template2.html

This seems to work except that as elements are added to the page the size of the template image has to be adjusted to fit the page causing it to be stretched.

Comment

Not sure if there is any other way. I tested and found that the background will repeat itself unless you go to page properties and limit the Page Height to whatever size you decide, the drawback is that you limit your page length - not a bad thing for users.

I got around the horizontal by using Paint and then limited Page Width to 800. And you get rid of any horizontal scroll.

You might have to play with both. Center your page and see what happens. IS "Art" supposed to be overlapping the line?
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

This is a test page only. The elemants can be moved easily. Thanks for your help. Normally a page resizes itself as more elements are added that require more room. I don't like the idea of limiting my page size. Maybe I'll have to abandon the idea of using templates for backgrounds.

Comment

On 2nd thought limiting page width might be a good idea. I'll give that a try.

Comment

Working...
              X