X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get involved with VodaBids??

Hi,

I have a couple questions... again, like I was having trouble finding the exact answers I needed when I first came to VodaHost, I'm at a loss for some "simple" answers involving VodaBids.

I was recently browsing the VodaBids site and I registered to be a "Freelance" designer. However, I have no clue what I signed up for.

A few days ago, a friend of mine asked me if I designed pages for a living. I told him that this page (mine) was the first I've ever done (besides my last one which was awful).

So, I was looking into getting involved, but I don't know how it works or what to do just to get started.

I skimmed through the pages and pages of info surrounding VodaBids but I'm just having a hard time getting the answers to my "simple" questions.

I just need to know these couple things...

1). I'm not the best designer in the world, but I would like to pursue it as a hobby and maybe be a "freelance" designer (if that's what that means). But I still have a bit to learn on the subject and I know I can do just about anything with the BlueVoda site builder. Is this the place to be? Is this a place where people like me that wanna probably make a bit of cash designing a page for someone will advertise their services??

2). If I am correct in what I assume this is all about, how difficult is it to get sites to build? And is this something I will have to constantly post bids on to get a gig?

3). I don't understand the "hourly rate" as what is posted in the VodaBids profile set up. How is that incorporated into the design process? How is the time spent working on building the site accumulated? Is that something we do and manage ourselves? Or does it get figured into a round-about work load per day based on how many days it took to finish the site?

I know these questions might not be AS simple as what I originally intended, but they are still answers I had trouble finding through my searches.

I appreciate it much.

Thanks.
    George
    www.virtuosocreative.com

Re: How do I get involved with VodaBids??

The key is if you're confident in your abilities, you go post bids to people looking for help in the areas in which you excel. Your best selling point is your own site (and any others you might have built or helped build). To be credible, you need some examples to show any prospective clients. Look to your strong suits and then bid on projects that match what you can do.

Most projects will get many bids, so your sell through is going to be based on the product you can provide (again, your site and any others you may have helped build). Bidding low won't necessarily get you the job - you need to offer a good product (product being your services) for a fair price.

As far as an hourly rate, just ignore that or insert '0' if it requires a field. Set your price on the project rather than the time frame.
    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Re: How do I get involved with VodaBids??

Thread closed

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
      X