Two seperate websites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two seperate websites

I have two websites. www.twilitepromotions.com (primary) and www.djhstudios.com (addon) When I published the add on it comes up as an index. I check spelling and page names and that seems ok. However, when I click on www.twilitepromotions.com, the djhstudios homepage comes up. My question is that I want two completely seperate websites, as they are two different businesses but they do work together. I want to the two link together, but also be seperate (if that makes sense). Do I need to different web hosting accounts to do this? The djhstudios will take up alot of space eventually, so this may not be a bad idea in the long run.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Two seperate websites

You can have many websites on the same account. The tricky part is making sure when you hit publish- the page is going to the right folder/directory.

Your first page of each website will be - index

Make sure you have done this and published the correct index to it s appropriate place. The index for twilitepromotions will go in the public_html folder while the index for djhstudios will go in the folder marked - djhstudios

That ought to correct it for ya.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Does the djhstudios folder have to be named djhstudios_html?

Comment

I have named djhstudios first page index. I have created and published to a folder called djhstudios. I get an index page when I enter the URL. Sorry, but now I am offically confused.

Comment

What you are seeing is an Index Directory because there is no web page named index in the djhstudios folder. Keep in mind that the "index" page must be all small letters.

No- the djhstudios does not need to be named djhstudios_html

Lets make certain of a couple things:
          Did you register the add-on with VodaHost and they set it up for you and then sent an e-mail to go ahead and add it to the cpanel as an add-on?

Also- make a "Under Construction" page and name it "underconstruction" and save and publish to your djhstudios folder so we can see if it is publishing to that folder. Once done- post back and we'll check it out.
          Don't need to get fancy with the Under Construction page.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

This is a copy of the email I got back from VH support after I registered the domain with them and asked them how I come I could not publish the site.

I created the underconstruction page as you asked.

Hi,

your domains are administered from VBS:

https://vodahost.com/modernbill/

We have all ready updated your name servers for you.

Thank you,

George

Comment

Well- now when you click on the twilightpromotions.com the correct index comes up.

What folder did you publish the underconstruction page to? It is not the in the djhstudios folder Nor is it in the public_html folder of twilightpromotions

When you click on the publish icon- the folder you should be publishing to should be : public_html/djhstudios

Is this what you are publishing to?

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

No, and that explains alot. I merely created a folder in file management called djhstudios. When I publish I put in djhstudios, not public_html/djhstudios. Let me try that.

Comment

OK, I published index and underconstruction to public_html/djhstudios. I still get an index for djhstudios

Comment

That is because you did not properly add your add-on domain. Click here to watch the video on how to do this;

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/cpa...skin_addon.htm

So- If you did not do it as described above you need to delete the djhstudios folder that you created, AND then do exactly as the video instructs. This will properly set up your add-on domain and then you can publish the index page and all will work properly.

Andy
                    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy,

i got the homepage to work. Now I will work on the linked pages. Thanks for your help. I actually got promoted during this thread.

Comment

Twilite-
                        Congrats on the promotion! (LOL) Glad averything worked out.

Andy
                        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                        X