Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emailing of documents

Hello...

Myself and someone have been working on a link directory and soon link exchange program it can be found here...

http://directory.biz-giant.com

The probem we are having is that i need to add the keywords and title and all that happy stuff BUT when he sends me the file so i can work on it, it tells me that the file doesnt exist? I have not placed it in the Blue voda website builder becuase it is being sent as index.bvp and do not want to screw up the original up. it keeps saying
    windows cannot find 'C:/Documents and settings/malcolm/MY Documents/index.bvp'. Make sure you typed the name correctly,and then try again. to search a file, click the start button,and the click search.

We have been trying and cant figure out whats wrong???? the first time he sent me the file we had no problems, but since we changed the layout and i deleted the old one he sent the new one wont come threw?? I am doing what im sopposed to in the sence of downloading the attachment onto the desktop and then dropping and dragging it into my documents folder, but then get this message. can anyone help us out.

thanks
    malcolm1
    http://www.biz-giant.com

Malcolm Pender

Re: Emailing of documents

hello...

sorry i forgot to mention above that i have always ended my pges with html and now when i look in the blue voda where the other pages are... they now have the ending of bvp. so its like links.bvp instead of links.html is this or could this have somthing to do with what is going on?
    I havent draged the new directory in thier. how is and why is this like this now?

thanks
    malcolm1

Malcolm Pender

Comment

If I understand you correctly this is a Windows file location problem and not a BV one.
      Open Blue Voda. Go to (From the top menu bar) Tools/Options/Folders and write down the folder name where you BV files are stored. Close all these windows when you have the folder name.(The folder name is probably 'C:/Documents and settings/malcolm/My Documents/Blue Voda)
      On your desktop, right click the index.bvp file, click copy.
      Press WindowsKey + E together to open explorer. Open up the folder you have written down. Paste the index.bvp in this folder.
      Try again to open the file in BV.

I hope that I understood this correctly, and that I am not being too simplistic. If I am, then apologies.
      Royden

www.harrow-art.com
      www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Malcolm1, if you don't want to get lost, just open the .bvp page that you downloaded on your desktop, directly FROM YOUR DESKTOP. After that, save it anywhere you want and then delete the file form your desktop. Please not that if your friend sent you the file in .html format, you will not be able to open it with BV, you will have to use the "File > New Page > From existing HTML page" feature of BV to import it (not open) in BV. If your friend has sent you the .bvp file, you can open it directly in BV
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X