This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicaragua!!!

A hello to you all! I'm Jacinto Yoder, and I just signed into your "family". I'm currently living in the sticks of central Nicaragua and I have a Canon XT 8.0 MP. I'm thinking about starting my own website to sell all these pics of all these exotic creatures, bugs, flowers, and landscapes you can find all over... I'm sorta new at photography, but do enjoy the "jungle" taste of Nicaragua. We get a lot of wild pictures of different stuff, and I'm wondering what's the best way to market them. Is it even feasible to start a site on you own with so many photographers out there? I do think there would be people out there that would want them, but getting your website on the map may not be that easy. Any of you all picture pros? Any ideas?

Jacinto

Re: Nicaragua!!!

Hi Jacinto,

I am not a photographer, nor do I look good in photos for that matter, however, it seems to me that you question the potential of your business. A legitimate question which all good business people ask, is this worth doing..??

My opinion is always YES. Every idea is a good idea so long as that idea has received the thought and research it deserves. In your case, I would suggest the following:

1. Research on your competition: Use search engines to find as many competitors as you can, then look at their activities. What makes them successful..? What are they doing wrong..?? This will help you duplicate and capitalize on the successes and ofcourse avoid failures.

2. Look into 3 main aspects:
    Design: Try to find out which is the would be most favored design amongst your target visitors.
    Business: How are you going to sell and get paid..? Credit Cards, Pay Pal.. etc. Your stock, feature items... etc.
    Marketing: Get familiar with search engine optimization and perhaps look into linking with other websites. Another good marketing channel is Stck Image distributors, I would approach those too.
    3. Plan your website so that you make it simple to navigate. I would focus on incorporating a good site search engine that allows a user to search for images.
    4. I would suggest that you do not limit your market to Nicaragua, perhaps you should consider representing your pages as 'images from the jungles of south america'.. We all know that the amazon contains 80% of all wild life in the world and will immediately think that you offer a great range of images.

These are some of my thoughts.

Chhers.

Comment

Hola Amigo,

Yes, we got everything you could possibly need to sell your photographs
      online. We are not really qualified to advice you on the business feasability
      of selling your pics. But, we go by the motto of Who Dares Wins!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for your ideas!
        Jacinto

Comment

no worries.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X