Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSCommerce and Merchant Account

Hello,

I am considering going with Voda Host for my photography sales website, however, I have some questions that you can perhaps help me with.

What is exactly meant by free os commerce shopping cart? are there any fees involved by using this?

Merchant account is that free or are there fees at anytime?

And lastly, how many photos per number of pages will the website be able to handle? I would probably do thumbnails that when clicked on will enlarge for viewing.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,
    KF Photog

Re: OSCommerce and Merchant Account

Originally posted by KFphotog
    Hello,

I am considering going with Voda Host for my photography sales website, however, I have some questions that you can perhaps help me with.

What is exactly meant by free os commerce shopping cart? are there any fees involved by using this?

Merchant account is that free or are there fees at anytime?

And lastly, how many photos per number of pages will the website be able to handle? I would probably do thumbnails that when clicked on will enlarge for viewing.

Thank you in advance for your assistance,
    KF Photog
    KF-

Free means free, unless someone has re-written the dictionary without me knowing it! osCommerce is a very empowered open-source shopping cart that continues to set the standard for internet comprehensive commerce, and may be somewhat more intimidating than at first glance. Included with every VodaHost account are four commerce solutions at no extra cost: osCommerce (the powerhorse), Soholaunch (the acclaimed website builder with award-winning eCommerce utilities), ZEN (a simplified but extremely capable cart), and CUBE (a user-fireindly smaller scale cart). At VodaHost, you have options, and the freedom to choose the right solution for your dreams.

A Merchant Account is a relationship you establish with your choice of "processor" (your bank, independent processor, VeriSign, PayPal, etc.) to facilitate transactions [online], and is separate from services offered or suported by VodaHost. And, since this is a "real-world" commercial service, fees and costs vary widely. Again, you must decide what is best for you.

The tools and technologies available to you as a VodaHost client are more than capable for your stated photgraph "gallery" usage, and are also "Free."

What are you waiting for? Welcome to VodaHost...the leading Preferred Provider!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili,

Thanks for your response and the information. hate to continue to ask stupid questions but if I for example want to use osCommerce, do I still need a Merchant account? I am trying to do this at a very bare bones considering cost.

Also, if it costs to have a Merchant account, could I instead use a mail order type arrangement? Does that work and are people willing to wait for their product until mail receives and clears a check before processing their order?

Thanks again,
      Kf

Comment

No you do not need a merchant account, you can work with checks only,
        but this will mean death to your business.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi again,

Well that was what I was afraid of. So, if I use OScommerce, do I need a merchant account?

Thanks,
          KF

Comment

During the time it will take to fully develop your winning website with an eCommerce utility (like OSC as you have indicated), you will have ample opportunity to prod and poke the other carts and systems as well as examine other similar websites to best determine what format you feel compelled to implement. Something as simple as PayPal might work just fine, as it allows you to collect monies in a secure fashion without complication or long term agreements banks or other processors might require. Remember, you can always change your services according to need.

You really need to understand General VodaHost's underlying caution: if you are establishing a business, you must be business-like in all that you do if you hope to succeed. Do the due diligence, and invest your time and capital to reap the benefits of your efforts.

And, the same goes for your website > "Plan Your Work, and Work Your Plan!"
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

In a Nutshell: If you are doing business online, you MUST be able to take some
              form of instant payment, merchant account, PayPal, 2CO, Clickbank,etc...It does
              not matter. You must make it easy and convenient for your visitors to purchase
              your product. Your competition is only a mouse click away , and you can bet
              the farm that they take credit cards.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X