Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP problem - I'm a newbie :-)

Hi everyone,
    I've created a subdomain for my daughter and evrything fine but she is using my ftp account to publish. I have created ftp for her but it won't work when you publish the page. Her FTP account will work in BlueFTP only. Pls help.
    Thanks,
    Arnel

Re: FTP problem - I'm a newbie

You use bluevoda to publish and ftp to upload files that do not have to be published.
    Are you publishing to your daughters sub domain?
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi David,
      We can publish my daughters sub domain using my FTP account(publish button on the top) and it works just fine and her ftp account that I created won't work with it. Her FTP account will work w/ BlueFTP(tools+FTP manager). How could I publish a page with BlueFTP?
      Thanks so much for your help,
      Arnel

Comment

Hi lenragm:
        You cannot PUBLISH a bvp page with your ftp program.....
        You should PUBLISH any pages created in bluevoda (for your daughter)to your sub directory..

i.e. public_html/subdirname

dont forget to delete this part (/subdirname) when publishing to your normal(public_html) dir...

Hope this helps you and your daughter.........

have fun
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Hi David,
          I'm sorry what I mean is html page created from BV. I'm a little bit confused, please correct me if I'm wrong are there 2 FTP program in BV? because when I click publish and enter my daughter's username and password it won't work but if I click tools and FTP manager her username and password will work. I can upload her page using my username and password but when I replaced her username and password it will not upload within the same subdirectory (public_html/armily).
          Regards,
          Arnel

Comment

Arnel-

We need to clear the air, and all use the same language to properly "fix" your dilemma...

1. BV create pages which you should then "publish" using the PUBLISH button (top bar or the BV browser)
            2. For your Primary domain, you need only enter your user name and password once in the dialog box (click remember!) and that is all....CONFIRM publish
            3. To publish a sub-domain, follow the same steps as above, but in the publish dialog box, add the name of the subdomain on the bottom property box after the forward slash > "public_html/subdomainname"
            4. Be sure the "Home" page is also titled index as your original, lower case, etc.
            5. Be sure that you have also created a separate folder within your original BV folder with the same subdomainname, and that you have saved these pages in this folder. To create this folder in Windows, go to My Documents, open the Blue Voda folder, and click on "Create New Folder" in the left menu....
            6. Use the FTP tool (accesible in BV only) ONLY to upload/transfer files that are either too large or inconsistent with CSS (the language BV uses to create pages), as this tool is not to be used for PUBLISHING or EDITING BV page files...

EDIT/ADD >> If your daughter's domain is in a different account (your post above mentions a different User and Password), be sure to select the proper server numbers (top property box in BV Publish dialog box) to go along with the unique User/Pass., and publish normally (without subdomainname added)...all should be fine!

Hope this helps a bit!
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

The username and password functions in the publish feature are only for the primary domain on the account. So, just hit publish as usual, use your login credentials and then at the bottom of the pop up box, add the name of the folder in which you want to publish the pages: public_html/subdomain.
              My NASCAR Forum

Comment

I think I have to go on a diet again, General....I didn't even realize you were trying to pony up!
                Sorry!

Comment

Hello guys,
                  Now everything is clear to me. By the way, I got my daughters username and password in FTP manager in Cpanel which I thought it will work to publish webpages. I really appreciate your help!
                  More power to BlueVoda!!!!
                  Regards,
                  Arnel

Comment

You can publish directly to a subdomain or simply a subfolder,, using a password and username esclusively for that subdomain or subfolder. The steps are the following:

1. You have already created a subdomain or subfolder for your doughter, called " armily ". If you haven't, do so.
                    2. Now enter your control panel, goto to FTP manager, FTP Accounts, Add FTP Account, and create an FTP account for your doughter. As username, type in "armily", fill in the desired password, and you will see that in the "Folder" field, will automatically appear as access folder " www.yourdomain.com/armily ".
                    Please note that if you have chosen a username different from the subdomain or subfolder name (f.e. username = "myusername"), then the folder will be automatically filled in with " www.yourdomain.com/myusername ". You must correct it manually to show " www.yourdomain.com/armily "

When you do the above, an FTP account is created. The actual username is not "armily" (or whatever you have filled in) but it is " armily@yourdomain.com ".

At this point you can close cp.

To publish from BV directly in the "armily" folder use these settings:

Username: " armily@yourdomain.com "
                    Password: the same that you have just set for your armily FTP account.
                    Folder: leave it completely blank

By default the FTP account that you have created can only publish in the "armily" folder.

You can use the same setting also for BlueFTP, it will only connect to the " armily " folder.
                    Navaldesign
                    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,
                      This is the answer exactly I'm looking for! YOU ARE GREAT!!! I just tried it and it works. I did this alredy before but in the folder I put public_html/armily. I don't want my daughter to use my FTP account because one time she uploaded her page and it went to my index page she forgot to put the subdiectory.
                      Thank you so much guys,
                      Arnel

Comment

Bravo, General!
                        I will be pasting this to my BV Tips.......I'm always learning!

Ευχαριστώ!

Comment

Working...
                        X