Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to upload 2 pdf files to be downloaded from a page

Hello All:

My subject line about says it all. I have two branded pdf files that I need to upload to one page on my site. Then I have to have them clickable for download.

I've been looking around my FTP and the Control Panel FTP, but I can't figure out what I need to do.

Please help. (details please - step by step)

WebMagic

Re: Need to upload 2 pdf files to be downloaded from a page

You can upload them using the FTP Manager. Simply click on Tools>FTP Manager in the top tool bar in the BV web builder. Sign in and your computer files will be on the left and your web server files on the right.
    Highlight the pdf files on the left and then click Move To above the server side. This will upload the pdf files to the server.

Then on your web page- list the pdf files and then hyper-link to them. Maybe have instructions to your user to right click and "save target as" to their computer.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks Andy128:

Man, I have got to learn how to use this forum service! I just wrote a bunch of stuff that went poof! gone! when I tried to browser-back to your name. When I got back here - all was lost!

Oh well. What I want to say is that my FTP Manager has files galore! on both left and right sides. I'm nervous about what to name my new pdf files and where exactly to put them. AND, then how to import them to the right place.

I'm feeling more and more like I should use my autoresponder to solicit contact info and download from there. (I use GetResponse.)

But that doesn't really solve the technical issue for me. I DO need to develop this mechanism in the future anyway. I do want the capability to download from certain pages from my website.

Thanks again,
      WebMagic
      (who's not feeling very web-magical at the moment!)

Comment

Sorry taken so long-

Upload the pdf files to the public_html folder or to a subfolder if you wish. Then simply link to it on the page. For instance- if you had a picture that you wanted the person to click to access the pdf file you would click on the photo and in the link it would be;
        http: //www.yourdomain.com/file1.pdf

or if it was in a subfolder
        http: //www.yourdomain.com/subfolder/file1.pdf

So they could click on the photo to download and open the file and then print it or they could right click on the photo and click "save as" and then save it to their computer.

Hope that helps ya

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
          Sorry taken so long-

Upload the pdf files to the public_html folder or to a subfolder if you wish. Then simply link to it on the page. For instance- if you had a picture that you wanted the person to click to access the pdf file you would click on the photo and in the link it would be;
          http: //www.yourdomain.com/file1.pdf

or if it was in a subfolder
          http: //www.yourdomain.com/subfolder/file1.pdf

So they could click on the photo to download and open the file and then print it or they could right click on the photo and click "save as" and then save it to their computer.

Hope that helps ya

Andy
          Thank you Andy. That helped and I'm a whiz at this now!

Now I need to post a new thread about collecting buyer contact info after a sale thru PayPal.

Cheers,
          WebMagic

Comment

Andy - can you help please. I have been trying to copy and paste some genealogy, indented, descendant charts from Word to a web page. It doesn't seem to work. When I click page propertes the whole chart changes shape and looses it's indent - that destoys the whole point of the indents which dfine the different families descendants!
            Look forward to hearing your comments.
            Thanks
            Lorna

Comment

Lorna-

Well- not seeing what you are working with is diffucult to give advise on.
              Could you e-mail me a copy of what you are trying to post? Or a link to what it looks like once published?

The word copy would be best.

keith.andersen******.com

I will post back with the results.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Email and attachment sent, Andy. Thanks for your help.
                Lorna

Comment

One way to accomplish this is to make the word document itself an html page as copy and paste between two programs (Word and BV) can often be problematic. You can get around this by making the word document an HTML page by clicking on "save-as" and then choose file type of "web page"

Then change the name to something simple (short, lowercase and all one word or two words connected by and underscore) and click save. Word will then save it as an html document. The same goes for Excel spreadsheets.

Now upload it to the server via FTP Manager (not publish) and then create a link to it. I suggest that you use target of _blank so that they can X out of it and still be on your web-page.

Give it a try! Lorna- I sent you an example.

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
                  X