help deciding ecommerce needs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help deciding ecommerce needs

Wow! What a great site and product line you have here! I've been reading for hours and finally just surrender! I've been searching for the right "web" match for weeks now because it's time to take charge of my preexisting website...and this place has it all! I'm a complete html/computer dork but have very specific needs for my site. So, I thought if I outline briefly what I'm looking for, you could help me narrow down which voda product I need!

I will be selling downloadable art (digital s****booking kits and clipart) as well as "snail mail" shipped products. These files are often several MB each and I have lots of them. I expect alot of traffic, too, so I am concerned about bandwidth and storage space.

1. Will I be able to upgrade as needed? I can't seem to find that answer.
    2. I don't know which builder would be more suited for my type of product...Soholaunch or BlueVoda? I will have many pages and need alot of catalog pictures. again, i've never set up a website. I like the idea of bluevoda being an offline webbuilder, but not sure if I'll be able to figure it all out! YIKES!
    3. Which shopping cart will best suit downloadable e-file processing? Many of my friends with similar sites use ZenCart...but I don't really like the way it looks. I suppose I will need to search more on the individual cart sites, but maybe someone here has a similar business experience. I would like to be able to limit the downloads per purchase, rather than giving out URL's or passcodes with unlimited access.

I love the hosting plan here as it includes so much space and so many features! I just need help making up my mind! Thanks for any assistance you can give me. I'm anxious to give this a try!
    still working on website!

Re: help deciding ecommerce needs

you get a lot of bandwidth at the moment and it has just gone up so voda are always making this product bigger and better so i doubt you will use all your monthly bandwidth, having said that yes you can buy more at a very reasonable price
    why not download bluevoda and have a play around with it before you buy? if you like it and it does what you require i suggest you buy , i paid for the year upfront and i didnt hardly notice it
    it is so easy b.v once you start and there is this place too for all the help you need 24/7
    for any other questions im not sure but some one else will be along shortly
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

1) If you ever need any more space or bandwidth, you can purchase it for US$2 per gig.
      2) This is really up to you, you can use BlueVoda for your frontend site and
      use Soholaunch for the backend shopping cart, or you can just use Soholaunch.
      3) We offer 4 diffrent carts, for this question you have to do a bit of
      homework. I like Soholaunch.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I support General VodaHost in suggesting Soholaunch as the superlative solution for your intended use.

You may wish to review a discussion for a very similar operation as you propose to glean some specific insight to Soholaunch and how simple it is to implement with the proper planning.

Go to : "Blue Voda - General Issues" and find the thread "Starting a Shopping Cart" to find posts #9-14 specifically >>
        http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ping-cart.html

You should also study up on threads posted in the "Soholaunch" Forum, and even beyond the first page to get truly "in the know" which will make your experience all the richer.

Welcome to VodaHost - the World's Trusted Premier Internet Provider!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks so much for the direction. I have been reading and researching more of the forum today and finding great insights. Now i will download Bluevoda and test it out! Thanks!
          still working on website!

Comment

I did a lot of research and ended up with PayPal, there is no right or wrong cart, its what you are comfortable with.
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

To be very honest, PayPal offer a very, very good service at an excellent rate. They also will take a very pro-active stance and defend you against
              any one trying to commit fraudualant purchases.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X