Few questions before I order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few questions before I order

I have an idea for a membership website that will have a game that would mostly take place inside forums boards. My questions are this, I have tried using phpbb with another host and was completely lost on what I needed to do, is anyone available to help on questions, which from what I see so far the people here at BV seem helpful, but how quick can my questions be answered usually?

Also, I feel I might have an unique idea for this game that combines ideas from current popular games, and wouldn't mind trying to profit in some way for it, whether it be by charging monthly fees, per game fees, or by advertisements. My question on this one is how hard would it be for a newbie to do any of these ways to make a little money. Also, what's your opinion on which way would be best for this type of site?

I know I had other questions but lost my train of thought here, I'll ask later if I think of them, but anyways also wanted to say I'm impressed by user satisfaction comments so far, and was very happy with my trial of the website builder.

Answers

I have an idea for a membership website that will have a game that would mostly take place inside forums boards. My questions are this, I have tried using phpbb with another host and was completely lost on what I needed to do, is anyone available to help on questions, which from what I see so far the people here at BV seem helpful, but how quick can my questions be answered usually?

Depends on the question.

Also, I feel I might have an unique idea for this game that combines ideas from current popular games, and wouldn't mind trying to profit in some way for it, whether it be by charging monthly fees, per game fees, or by advertisements. My question on this one is how hard would it be for a newbie to do any of these ways to make a little money. Also, what's your opinion on which way would be best for this type of site?

The above question is very open ended and difficult to answer. Various factors come into play..The most important are...

1) Your skills and abilities.
    2) How good your idea is.

I know I had other questions but lost my train of thought here, I'll ask later if I think of them, but anyways also wanted to say I'm impressed by user satisfaction comments so far, and was very happy with my trial of the website builder.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Few questions before I order

On the first question I guess I should have asked if there is 24/7 way of getting help immediately if necessary. I saw on the VodaHost site that I can submit a ticket, and I'm not sure how long it usually takes for a reply or if there is a way to live chat or even possibly call 24/7.

On the second part...you got me there! I'm not sure if others will find my idea all that great, and no telling until I try. But since it will be a membership type site, I of course will want a large membership base. Just kind of looking for input on what most people prefer I guess.

Thanks for your quick reply Voda!

Comment

Re: Few questions before I order

Our support desk has a 3 hour SLA (service level agreement) response time.
        If it is flagged as critical it will be responded to in minutes.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X