Many Questions about files???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Questions about files???

My name is Russ, I am as new as a new born baby when it comes to puters and webbing. All this talk sounds like ....GA GA GOO GOO. Although it is starting to make some form of sense I still have a TON of questions. I will ask them 1 at a tme so I can/ will not get confused reading them.

My question today is...... how do I unzip the template files....so that I can view all of them at once, without having to open each one , one at a time. Part 2 of this question...do I have to use winzip to keep them handy?

Thank you for your HELP and understanding,

sincerely,
    Biker-wanna-b
    Russ

Re: Many Questions about files???

Open winzip and use the wizard to unzip your templates to the directory of your choice. You then do not need any zip program.

Keep winzip, or any other zip program for use in the future.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

B. General Davidundalicia,

Thank you for your response. I think I can do that....What other directories are there and how do I find them? Yes I know Sir that, that is 2 questions. But I see it as a part 1 and another part 2.

sincerrely,
      Biker-wanna-b
      Russ

Comment

Thank you for the General and the Sir part, but just call me david.....

In your blueVoda directory on your computer, you should find a dir/folder
        called template files or something similar.....

Unzip your templates to that folder.............

In your Windows explorer use search to find the above.....
        (you do have windows dont you ?)

have fun
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Good Day All....I am just learning about computers. Till finding this Wonderful site, I just looked at what ever I was able to download with my....stuck in the 50's attitude. I am artistic, but this thing scares me. You know virus's and the like. Hitting the wrong button/key and seeing everything go blank.

My question today is....once you have downloadedthe templates to winzip, is there a way to open a full page at one time, instead of one picture per click?

Thank you Russ

Comment

No. They are independent files, so they will open one at a time. However, if you save them in a folder of their own, you can preview them all together, using your own windows explorer, then select the one that you want.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi I am going to be studying this thread because I am in the same boat with Biker Wanna Be... I am having major problems with this experiance and I think that it is because I *don't* know the terminology. I have no idea what a hyperlink is ,,, I can tell it is important... but I don't understand what one is. I think I need a dictionary of computer terms and definitions.... :)

Comment

Hi Cattrix.. Hyperlinking is when you link text or an image to do something when clicked or when the mouse goes over it. For example: if you see w web page with the words 'About Us'.. you click that and it takes you to another page (which is the page that contains the About Us information).. In this case, the words 'About Us' are Hyperlinked. You can try it yourself very easily.. open a new Blue Voda page, ad text (for example: testing hyperlink) then highlight that text, go the menu above and click on the hyperlink button (looks like planet earth with a link on it) from there it's easy, just enter an example (say: http://www.google.com) .. see how this URL is underlined blue.. you will get the same on your link... view the page and click that link and it will take you to google.. look at the hyperlinking dialogue box and expirent with customizing your hyperlinks.. change colors and so on... Nothing to be afaird of.. Happy site building.. ;)

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperlink
                  Navaldesign
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you both, that makes sense.

Comment

First let me say Hello to ...P.F.C. Cattrix. You may follow my thread anywhere...but NO promise it will get you back.

LOL.

biker-wanna-b
                      Russ

Comment

ez-ez.....you had me understanding ----hyperlinks, then myb poor litle mind got greedy, and tried to read the post by navaldesign....and that really made it clear......clear AS MUD....too quote an old college girlfriend.... If I understand ...it is just another word for link..another way of linking your site to another. Is that correct?

Russ

Comment

Hyperlinking = linking together things that don't really belong to the same entity, as i.e. two entirely different pages (even if they belong to the same site) or two different sites. That's why it is called hyper - linking
                          The first component is from the Greek word "hyper" in Greek " υπερ " which means "above , superior" like hyperspace etc.
                          Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                          X