Please Tell Me How To Load New Styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Tell Me How To Load New Styles

I tried doing this and when i opened the style up in phpbb there was not anything in the folder. I don't understand. I wasn't even given an option to install it.

Can someone please, please help me? I am very new to trying to build a website. I thought I just needed to copy the folder theme I downloaded to the styles folder in Ftp and that was it.

Please break it down for me because I am very lost here. Also, is it difficult for a newbie like myself to add my own logo to Phpbb and remove the Phpbb logo?

Thanks

Re: Please Tell Me How To Load New Styles

Open your ftp manager and connect, on left side find folder of your new style. now on right side find the forum folder and double click, find templates, double click to open, now click the skin folder you downloaded on the left to high light it , then click the copy to button in the tool bar ( top of screen ) click ok in the pop up that appears. when copying has finished double click the folder to open check that all folders and all files have been copyied across, (this includes files inside the folders) now when your confident that they have all been copyied close ftp and go to your forum admin find add style and click there you will find a list of the styles click the one you want to add and press ok.
    if you have any prob's get back.

adding your own images is not hard but lets start bye getting your style up first.

Comment

Man! I am so upset with myself right now! I don't know why it is not working even when I've done everything you've asked me to. Please help me. I gave up having a website before with another service because it was so hard trying to figure things out. I am still hoping this forum will help me!

Feel free to email me:
      iomegazz30******.com

Thanks again!

Comment

Didn't the style you downloded come with installation instructions????

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Upload the zip file you downloaded in Public_Html/php/templates then click on the zipfile text and exstract the file, then go to your forum and log into the admin panel and go to add styles and install your style then go to configeration and set the user overide to yes and set your style and submit

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
            Didn't the style you downloded come with installation instructions????
            it dont they're very vague...

Comment

Originally posted by IOMEGAZZ30
              Man! I am so upset with myself right now! I don't know why it is not working even when I've done everything you've asked me to. Please help me. I gave up having a website before with another service because it was so hard trying to figure things out. I am still hoping this forum will help me!

Feel free to email me:
              iomegazz30******.com

Thanks again!
              this what we are here to do, we all have had problems in one way or a another.
              we will start with some questions to help find your problem.
              1/ when you copyied the style folder did you copy it into the templates folder of the forum folder on the right of your ftp manager.
              2/ if you did, did it copy all folders and all files.
              3/ what is the name of the style and were did you download it from.

Comment

Working...
              X