• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soholaunch questions

My site is cphscelebrities.org

Am am a REAL rookie and need help.

Issues include:

1) Began building pages - they began appearing on website - great!(assume it publishs as you go) However, now there are pages there that I want to remove. I have tried deleting from cpanel file manager - no luck. I have deleted them from Soholaunch - no luck. Also, made edits that did not take.

2) Built a page where I cut/pasted a table from word into text editor. Would not appear on website - got only an under construction sign.

3) Seem to have an issue with my home page. Go to the site cphscelebrities.org and I get "index of" and a parent directory with lots of files referenced - shouldn't it go to my home page?

4) Am at a point where I think I want to move to Bluevoda since my sense is that I can build off line and them upload/ replace when I am ready. Plus for the puposes of this site - mainly info, calendars, photos, etc - Bluevoda may give me more artistic flexibility. I still am at a loss though about publishing/unpublishing/editing pages through cpanel. From what I read on the forum, this brings up uninstalling soholaunch - which appears to be quite complex. Something about FTP which I know absolutely nothing about.

I know these are probably stupid questions, but would certainly appreciate any help from the forum.

Thank you
    Steve

www.cphscelebrities.org

Re: Soholaunch questions

Your web page is not visible because it is not being found.....thus, I am assuming your have this domain elsewhere, and still need to change the DNS settings to point to your VodaHost account (where your site is waiting to be found).

Once your site is "visible" you will then have a clearer perprective of what to do next.

PS: If you are using Soho, then you would do well to go over some of the Tutorials again....you need to become familiar with how the Soho CP works. For example, you should easily (and preferably) be editing/deleting pages from the Webmaster side of the SOHO CP (which shouldn't be accessible until your DNS issue is resolved), sooooo...
    You should already have registered with the Soholaunch Support Forum, where you will find the expertise that may be thin in the VodaHost Forums (use the link under my signature to register)
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks - I will go to soho support as you suggest

Where would I access the DNS settings?
      Steve

www.cphscelebrities.org

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
        Your web page is not visible because it is not being found.....thus, I am assuming your have this domain elsewhere, and still need to change the DNS settings to point to your VodaHost account (where your site is waiting to be found).
        You can find the suitable instructions here: http://www.vodahost.com/tut_dns.htm

Comment

Thanks for the help

Had everything reset - wiped soholaunch - went to bluevoda - all will be well soon.......
          Steve

www.cphscelebrities.org

Comment

No Problem, Steve!
            Despite the false start, I know you will enjoy your VodaHost experience completely!

Comment

The site is up and running - www.cphscelebrities.org - have more pages to publish, but it's working great.

Bluevoda rocks!

Only dangling question - while on web, pages are listed as "untitled". any guidance on this?

Thanks again for all the support
              Steve

www.cphscelebrities.org

Comment

Working...
              X