Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logging On - How Many Usernames & Passwords does it take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging On - How Many Usernames & Passwords does it take?

Greetings,
    I'm a newbie and I'm learning BV & Soho. I have been trying to log onto my cPanel with the volumnes of usernames & passwords created by BV for my account of which none works. Why does 1 person need all of these usernames and passwords?

Lets see I have a "Master" Username & Password. Then I have a "FTP ADMIN"
    Username & Password, then I have the VBS Username & Password, then there
    is the cPanel Username & Password and of course I must have a Soho Username & Password. Heres an idea... 1 account 1 username and password.

AB

Re: Logging On - How Many Usernames & Passwords does it take?

When you get an account you will get a very clear and precise email telling you your CP log in details, your publishing details and anything else you need. It is quite straight forward, but if you are confused with it you can submit a supprt ticket and they can reissue the information to you quite easily.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hey!

Exactly! Maybe if you open up a support ticket and ask them very nicely about getting the same username they might change it. But I am very sure my username and password is the same for many things except for Soho because they a completly different thing.

Good luck!
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy
        Hey!

Exactly! Maybe if you open up a support ticket and ask them very nicely about getting the same username they might change it. But I am very sure my username and password is the same for many things except for Soho because they a completly different thing.

Good luck!
        I think they are different for stuff like your account information but otherwise I agree I think they are the same. My problem is having 11 websites, which means 11 log ins and 3 different IP numbers, which is a pain when I keep publishing my cat website home page on my wedding directory site, so when people go to look at my wedding directory all they see is tiddles the cat!!!
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hey!

Yes, totally true! I forgot about other websites.
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Originally posted by Marincky
            When you get an account you will get a very clear and precise email telling you your CP log in details, your publishing details and anything else you need. It is quite straight forward, but if you are confused with it you can submit a supprt ticket and they can reissue the information to you quite easily.
            I appreciate your comments and your desire to show BV in the most positive light possible. Yes I am a newbie, and yes I too have been sharing BV with others. It does look easy to use and the tutorials are a wonderful help. But you avoided my question. "you will get very clear and precise email telling you your CP log in details."

No that is not true. In my opinion the forum is a place for us newbies to go to ask questions and get some advise. The question stands... How many usernames & passwords does it take to log into BV? Its a simple question. So you know I took your advise and sent in a support ticket after reading your responce. Since then BV has sent me two new passwords. The first password they sent is... "d6a3df75." It doesn't work. The 2nd password I got is "19922277," and it does work. Needless to say as a newbie I'm going to have questions, and I will likely just send in a support ticket without trying the forums first. It seems that for those you you who have made it through the BV process and know what your doing us newbies with our irritating questions don't belong on your forum. Now that I have 2 more passwords then I had before posting my question here my questions stands.

How many usernames and passwords does it take for 1 guy with 1 account? And before you answer you can ponder the fact the I'm sitting in front of not 5 but 7 and I still don't know what works for what. It is extremely complicated and your dodging my question was no help at all.

regards,
            Anthony Belli

Comment

Dear Anthony!

I completly dis-agree with what you have just said. This place - most know as VodaLand - is a place where people ask questions with problems that they have. Stupid or not, it is always appropriate to ask them. You are not waisting our time, that is why we are here for. Now if you wan't to send a support ticket that is fine but you will be waiting for a response. Here, you can get a response real quick.

Just wanted to let ya know dude!
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Thanks Jeremy,
                I have never built a website before, this is my first and I am learning as I go. Sorry you disagree, perhaps I can list all 7 usernames and passwords I've recieved here and you can tell me... what does what? That would be helpful. I don't mind sharing them with you since none work for me. So heres your chance...

1. treascom/stomemet

2. s/a above

3. anthony-belli@comcast.net / stomemet

4. ltjaehty / stomemet

5. Soho Password has been changed by me and does work fine.

6. anthony-belli@comcast.net / d6a3df75

7. anthonybelli / 19922277

There you go have at it!

All you got to do is tell me which one of these BV username/passwords does anything. Better yet you could tell me what I need all of these usernames & passwords for? You say the forums are the place for us newbies to get advise... well heres your chance.

Make a believer out of me. Answer my question.

How many usernames / passwords does 1 guy with 1 account need to participate in BV?

Anthony Belli

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Belli
                  I appreciate your comments and your desire to show BV in the most positive light possible. We present the what we have all become to regard as a wonderful experience as worthy *******ting to another...
                  But you avoided my question. One the contrary..possibly, it was not answered the way you might have preferred, however!
                  "you will get very clear and precise email telling you your CP log in details." Your original VodaHost Account confirmation email will have your "Master" account logon info (unless you have changed it), and will remain as your usable logon to your VH Account Control Panel ONLY

No that is not true. In my opinion (key words here) the forum is a place for us newbies to go to ask questions and get some advise. True, but keep in mind it is full of YOUR PEERS offering their services voluntarily, and in no way should be expected to be a "Help Center" at your beckon call...
                  The question stands... How many usernames & passwords does it take to log into BV? Its a simple question. ONE. (simple, huh?)
                  So you know I took your advise and sent in a support ticket after reading your responce. Since then BV has sent me two new passwords. The first password they sent is... "d6a3df75." It doesn't work. The 2nd password I got is "19922277," and it does work. Always will be the last one received.
                  Needless to say as a newbie I'm going to have questions, and I will likely just send in a support ticket without trying the forums first. It seems that for those you you who have made it through the BV process and know what your doing us newbies with our irritating questions don't belong on your forum. Now that I have 2 more passwords then I had before posting my question here my questions stands.

How many usernames and passwords does it take for 1 guy with 1 account? You will have one User Name and Password for your VodaHost account (which also applies to Blue Voda when you publish), a unique User Name and Password to your Soholaunch Control Panel, and so on for every separate utility or function added to your account. Similar to your demonstrated penchant for creating a new thread for each and every question, rather than bone up on specific threads in each Forum according to issue.
                  And before you answer you can ponder the fact the I'm sitting in front of not 5 but 7 and I still don't know what works for what. I hope the above clears it up for you. If you still cannot make head or tails what is happening, I suggest you submit one fianl Support Ticket to RESET YOUR ACCOUNT, and have the opportunity to start over again, fresh as a new day!
                  It is extremely complicated and your dodging my question was no help at all. Ask politely, specifically, and with the understanding that there are a LOT of perople in these Forums needing help without the capability you purport....

regards,
                  Anthony Belli
                  Hopefully, you get my point!
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Stupid me? Huh I posted a cPanel question in the cPanel forum? Ya your point is made loud and clear. You've gone through this before and your better than any dumb-ass newbie who dare venture into the forums of the professionals. My humble appolgies. If any point was made it is not waste your time in the forums if your a newbie. Just send in your ticket and wait for an answer. Thats the only way to get results. The upper crust elite who live in Vodaland
                    don't want to be bother with our stupid dumb-ass newbie questions. What a waste of our time gentlemen.

Anthony Belli

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                      Hopefully, you get my point!
                      Vasili,

Thank you. I appreciate those who are willing to offer help. My first post as you requested I do, was polite and simple. The fact is the two gentlemen who answered my post don't know anymore than you or I as too why I have 7 seperate user / pass. I can't believe 1 guy needs all these log in idenities. Perhaps the best way to address my inintial question is to just tell me to send in a ticket. I doubt anyone knows what all these ID's are for even BV people. You mentioned I could reset that information. I will request that that be done tomorrow. Thanks for your time, you certainly gave it your all.

Respectfully,
                      Anthony M. Belli

Comment

No problem, Anthony.....sorry I wasn't able to give you a real solution earlier!
                        Under the circumstances, you have been as patient as one could expect, and I for one, appreciate your kind reply......
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

hmmm.... me thinks me gonna stay out of this one!!

Comment

Working...
                          X