Which would be better for me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which would be better for me?

Hello I downloaded the VodaHost web site builder and tried to use it but I am very computer DUMB and had alot of trouble with trying to use it. What about the Soholaunch is this a website builder also... and is it easier to use then the regular VodaHost site builder? I have product to sell, and take fair pictures.. I need something that I can just insert descriptions and pictures.

All this is so hard I have been pulling my hair out! I think I need templates?

What is the difference between VodaHost site builder and Soholaunch?
    Thank you...
    Warm Regards

Re: Which would be better for me?

Unless you have the need for a full-scale "shopping cart" you are better off using Blue Voda to design your website. It is very intuitive, and it's simplified format makes it the ideal tool to design a dynamic, feature-rich website from the gate.

When you finally have your website near completion, it is simple to add a PayPal functionality to your BV website so you too, can have a "commerce" website!

Soholaunch IS a website builder with an eCommerce function included, but may be more than you need to deal with at this time.
    osCommerce is the premium commerce solution, requiring a bit more understanding of website design and function to properly utilize - not exactly for the First-Timers, although many have been successful nonetheless.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Ditto Vasili's recommendation. Blue Voda is so easy you will be up and running in no time. There several examples here of sites with different shopping carts. Mine is BV with PayPal.
      Bill
      www.blueearthtea.com
      www.ftaaconsulting.com
      www.iaval.com
      www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thank you for your replies guys.... I will keep slogging on with the BlueVoda then....

Comment

Click the below to learn more about Soholaunch.

Get your free soholaunch pro along with hundreds of soholaunch templates from Vodahost web hosting.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes I already read all of that before,,, unfortunatly a lot of the terms I don't even understand. :(

I have the old version of the blue voda... if I download version 8 will it install automatically over the old version?

Thank you.

Comment

Yes....

1) Completely shut down the old version
              2) Download the new version
              3) Install over old version
              4) Reboot your computer

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Catrix, I hear what you are saying!! I'm new, too and i had to even google terms and words to figure stuff out! I even had to post a thread to ask what a template does!!! I have a long way to go!!

here is a link that was helpful to me of some terms:

http://support.vodahost.com/index.ph... eid=62&nav=0

and if you go to the "Knowlege Base" as the top of the pages here in the forum, there are more such Q & A which i found helpful.

When you want more info on Soho, go to the Soholaunch section and then the Soho forum, which is different from this one and search their glossary of terms, too.

My understanding is that Soho is all templates, so if you just want to plug in your stuff and GO, you might want that instead of BlueVoda. If you want to completely design your own pages "freestyle" then Bluevoda is a great choice. You can also use templates in BlueVoda and there is a section in the tutorials on how to install them, then you just plug away.

The nice thing about Soho is the shopping cart is already there in the program. With Blue Voda, you have to pick one and set it up, too.

Hope that helps you decide! And ask as many questions as you want---it helps me, too! LOL LOL
                still working on website!

Comment

Working...
                X