Eliminating the address bar.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliminating the address bar.

I want to eliminate the address bar when a hyper link opens a new page. Can someone provide the code that will do this? thanks!

Re: Eliminating the address bar.

Well- there are two ways to accomplish this. On the new page that gets opened- don't have a navigation bar.

Or-

There are many java-script type dynamic nav/menu bars scripts that you can use. Some float around or close down to a small picture and then when moused over- they enlarge. I would do a google search to find such an item.

Cheers

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

The only way I know is to get the page displayed in a popup.

Popups can be customized to your preferences, ie, no scroll bars, no menus, size of the popup and the position it takes on the screen. Sounds cool, ey..?! Even though it does, not many would suggest it, simply because a great number of internet users have some software in place that KILLS popups.. Do you still want to use it....??????

Comment

Originally posted by ez-ez
        The only way I know is to get the page displayed in a popup.

Popups can be customized to your preferences, ie, no scroll bars, no menus, size of the popup and the position it takes on the screen. Sounds cool, ey..?! Even though it does, not many would suggest it, simply because a great number of internet users have some software in place that KILLS popups.. Do you still want to use it....??????
        Well, your right. I don't want to have popups. All I want to do is keep people from leaving my site when they click on a hyperlink. I thought that by eliminating the address bar would do the trick, but having it be a popup would be bad. Thanks!

Comment

To keep people from leaving your site- simply make the target to _blank

This will open subsequent pages in a seperate window. When they close out that window- your website is still there.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
            To keep people from leaving your site- simply make the target to _blank

This will open subsequent pages in a seperate window. When they close out that window- your website is still there.

Andy
            This is how I currently have it, and it works fine, however, I was hoping to find a way to get rid of the address bar in the new page without having it be a popup window. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X