Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfering templates from Adobe to Voda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfering templates from Adobe to Voda?

Hi Everyone. I am a newcomer and have read as many posts as i can and have found everyone here very helpful , However I have now reached my limit of knowledge on website building. I purchased a template from Voda and have edited it in Adobe as instructed. I am not sure on how to transfer it to the voda software to edit the links and then publish .Also I am listing about 2000 itmes. Is it a really bad idea to list about 200 items and then upgrade every day ? Otherwise it would take a considerable amount of time to get the site online . Many thanks everyone for any replies.

Re: Transfering templates from Adobe to Voda?

firstly if it says to edit in adobe then i think you just save the file in b.v then the template folder as the same format as the original template was given by b.v

secondly im not sure what you mean you are listing 200 items ? then upgrade every day ? please explain more
    The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
    Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Hi.Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried saving the file from Adobe into B.V however when i try to save it , Adobe only gives me the option to save in Psd format and i can't send to to B.V. As for the items what i meant was that i have 2000 items to list on my site but it will take me ages to upgrade all these so i was thinking of publishing my site with just 200 items . then upgrade it every day. But if people see the site pretty bare it might put them off.?Thanks Again

Comment

Hi,
        Try this. Use the "save for web" option in Photoshop. This will save the image as a gif file.
        Open a blank page in BV. Right click the blank page, and go to Page Properties then choose the Background tab. In the Image line put the path and the name of this adobe gif file.
        When you save this page, go to File/Save as Template.

Play with this method and experiment. Remember file size is very important. Keep it small.
        For example when you open the Background/Image line, you will see various file type options.
        In adobe choose file /save as. There are other formats there.
        You don't have to save the image in the BV template format if you can put up with inserting the image for every web page.

I can't quite grasp the 2000 items problem, except that managing them sounds like a mission. Are these product line items that you want to sell?Are there 2000 photos? Do you need a database?

Have fun
        Royden

www.harrow-art.com
        www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Hi. Thanks for the info. I did get further on but when u I saved the file as a background two things happened. I couldn't edit the file to make the link to my pages and the image appeared twice next to each other. Don't kno wif i'm making any sense. Help needed. Thanks again.

Comment

I think I can follow part of what you are saying.
            An image set as a background will repeat itself as many times as is neccesary to fill the the whole background.
            For example, if you screen is set to 800 pixels wide, and your background image is 400 pixels wide, you will see it being repeated twice.This is probably what is happening to you.

You will have to create the links to your other pages, on top, of the background. So, set the background first, then start inserting buttons or whatever to create the links.

When we a battling with learning BV, we all get stuck on some aspect, that we fell we must get right before we proceed. My suggestion is to give the background a "rest" and go on with other things now. You can always return to the background stuff later. Anything can be changed and easily re-done in BV.
            Royden

www.harrow-art.com
            www.harrow.co.za

Comment

Hi again. Thanks for the info once again. I just managed to resize the background . I think what i'll do next is restart my index page in BV and add the link as you ave said . I tried a sample page and it worked thank god. I'll keep you informed on my progress. THanks once again.

Comment

Working...
              X