Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website building for a friend

Hi,
    Quick question, my friend will pay for hosting, but I will be creating the site. we are in different locations.

can he pay for the hosting etc... receive the password.

then give me the password, and i will create the site and maintain for him. It will be on a different computer.

so in a nutshell, would I be able to design and maintain the site on my laptop, thought he has registered for hosting on his computer.

Thank you in advance
    George

Re: website building for a friend

Hey!

Make your friend pay for the hosting package, the domain etc. let him do all that stuff. Once he does that he will get some e-mails that he can forward to you with log-in information. Once you publish his site it will all go in the BlueVoda FTP Manager so since you are making his site he won't have all the files and pictures. So what you can do is copy and paste the .bvp files into the FTP Manager so he can put them on his computer using the FTP Manager.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Thanks Jermey for the info.

Would I be able to do everyhting on my computer, basicly like I said he would pay all the fees, and I would build the site, maintain and post or publish from my computer. I will not forward him anything for FTP.

He will not do anything at all.

Just want to make sure, since he is paying and going through his computer, etc... I am doing everything on my computer, which I will have all control.

Thanking you in advacne for your insight and help on this.

George

Comment

Hey!

If he pays and does nothing and gives you the username and password and forwards you all the e-mails he gets you can do anything. It's just as if to say he bought it for you.
        Best regards,
        Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Why don't you do what I did?

A. I became a VodaHost Affiliate, so every website/account I set up for someone (using their money, of course) I receive a commission on.
          B. You can specify which Admin Email is used to receive the Confirmation + Access info, so essentially, you maintain Administrative access and 'control' over the account and at the same time preserve their legal title to the domain and account for the "customer" (according to ICANN Rules and VodaHost TOS).

I would suggest, however, that even between "friends" some sort of simple Agreement is signed, reiterating "ownership" of the account and domain(s) as well as financial accountability of the customer. In the event of a "split" you simply turn over access and the other party who then changes passwords....

(Any other way is simply too complicated, and would amount to "reselling" accounts in violation of VodaHost Terms of Service Pp 8.2)
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Are you serious Vasili? I never even knew there was an Affilate program! Guess who's signing up! lol .. I missed out on alot of deals! grr ... lol
            Best regards,
            Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

"Better Late Than Never!"

Comment

LOL!!! SHHHHHH!!! hehe ... shouldn't you be in bed it's getting late :P hehe
                Best regards,
                Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Thanks Guys, much appreciated. Just needed to re assure myself.

Comment

I'm BRAND new to VodaHost and I am building a site for someone else, too... can someone tell me a little more about the Affiliate program? I'm just starting out a web "business", helping friends and associates get their web sites posted. I figure I've got a skill that they don't have, and they need a web site, so why not get a little income from it, right?

Also, I'm still hosting my own domain name through someone else (yes, I know, get OUT of there and get on VodaHost).

So if I transfer to Voda, and I'm getting other people signed-up, do they go "under" me, or do I register them with their own individual accounts? how does the Affiliate program work in that case?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                      Why don't you do what I did?

A. I became a VodaHost Affiliate, so every website/account I set up for someone (using their money, of course) I receive a commission on.
                      B. You can specify which Admin Email is used to receive the Confirmation + Access info, so essentially, you maintain Administrative access and 'control' over the account and at the same time preserve their legal title to the domain and account for the "customer" (according to ICANN Rules and VodaHost TOS).

I would suggest, however, that even between "friends" some sort of simple Agreement is signed, reiterating "ownership" of the account and domain(s) as well as financial accountability of the customer. In the event of a "split" you simply turn over access and the other party who then changes passwords....

(Any other way is simply too complicated, and would amount to "reselling" accounts in violation of VodaHost Terms of Service Pp 8.2)
                      The key thing is to read the information in our Forums, run through the tutorials until it sinks in, and to freely ask specific questions in the Forum whenever necessary.....

Please read my earlier comments, understanding that it refers to "setting someone up in their OWN VodaHost account." It's pretty self-explanatory, and then using Blue Voda (or any other utility included with each account) you will certainly be capable of not only offering, but performing website design on an unrestricted basis.....hopefully!

Follow this format, and you shouldn't have any problems.

For an example of how an Affiliate Program can work just fine on a Blue Voda created website, visit My Choice Mall. You should spend some time in the VH Affiliate Forum boning up on all the issues and info that will help you decide how to best paln your participation: don't be limited by what is on the first page...dive into some pages under to see more excellent threads and posts!

Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X