I have a major problem within CPanel which is now affecting 7 out of 8 sites that I currently have published.
This thread is likely to be quite long so I hope that someone has the patience to read through it fully and then, offer some appropriate advice/support.
When I first started to experience the problems described below, I opened a ticket with Customer Support who informed me that they couldn't help and have instructed that I post this thread outlining my problems, in the hope than an 'expert/moderator' can help me sort this mess out.
My technical knowledge of CPanel is not at expert status so I may well be missing something very basic, but as I am on my own trying to correct matters, I'll try and deal with this in a logical order so that the reader can understand clearly what problems I am experiencing.
I opened my account with the domain name www.weddinginsurancecomparison.com(WIC), all subsequent add-on domains therefore, fell under this main account.
This domain, along with 6 others, has developed these problems:
1. Images not displaying
2. Navigation bar not displaying in some instances
3. Some links no longer active
4. Published pages missing
I have initially tried to correct, this by again publishing the index.html for WIC, but get the following error message: ERROR: 550 Can't change directory to public_html/weddinginsurancecomparison.com: No such file or directory.
Looking in CPanel and searching for this domain, I am presented with an un-named folder which contains a copy of every page I have published and every domain and add-on domain that I have registered.
However, there is not a WIC file in the public-html and there are no results returned when I search in File Manager.
It therefore seems to me, that the folder has either been deleted or moved from the public_html file (which is why I can't publish).
This would seem to be supported by the fact that images are not being displayed on other sites, as they must have been moved from their original location.
These problems occurred after I downloaded the latest version of the website builder, so they may well be related.
My sites are monetised and the subject of ongoing marketing. Through a good deal of hard work, I have been able to get some of them ranking high in Google which in turn, is producing traffic. But I lose all credibility when the visitor clicks on my URL link and is presented with utter rubbish.
I am amazed that Customer Support couldn't sort this out, so I now rely on forum members for help.
Please assist in any way possible.