Before two much research. The second was purchased for 19.95 and a search was done for availability. Am i understanding that the bradkimballslabratnews.com is not a separate entity (domain) unto itself?
I just read from Vasili that linking between two sites that are linked into VodaHost could be a legal problem. i do not need two domains. I only want Bradkimballslabratnews.com and get rid of the other on.
Question: How to do it.
It is best to first READ the replies in full and UNDERSTAND the concepts discussed BEFORE posting further discussion or simply hypothesizing about some aspect that is obviously detailed, answered, or explained in the resources highlighted specifically for you (which are openly available for you to access without any need to ask someone else). For instance, have you bookmarked this page which has just about any resource that you could ask for??
Nevertheless, I will break it down for you one more time:
1. You have ONE hosting account.
2. Each hosting account when created must have ONE Domain named as PRIMARY to that hosting account (which in your case is BradKimball.com).
3. You can purchase, use, and host as many distinct, separate Domains as you want in ONE hosting account in ADDITION to your Primary Domain (which as listed on the account as Primary cannot be deleted or changed).
4. This is why when adding another Domain to a single hosting account it is called an "Add-On Domain."
5. There are special tasks required to create and prepare an Add-On Domain, which is why there is a Tutorial outlining the process (provided above) that is done in your hosting account cPanel, including making the proper DNS/nameserver entries upon the new domain so it will 'point' to your hosting account at VodaHost (see added Tip posted above for details and links to Tutorials).
6. If you do not wish to "use" the Primary Domain on your account (BradKimball.com) for any specific website anymore, simply access the Root Directory ("public_html/") for that Domain via cPanel and delete any pages previously published to it (at least delete the "index" page, so there is nothing to display and to interrupt the normal function of the website). If using File Manager in cPanel is too intimidating for you, try using BlueFTP instead -- it's simple to understand and access, and this tutorial shows you how. If necessary, pause the video and re-review until you understand the concepts completely before proceeding.
7. To avoid any penalty for "interlinking" between sites hosted in a single hosting account, simply do not link them! It has nothing to do with how many Domains are in a single account, whether they are similarly named, or what type of site they are --- just whether or not they have links from one to another! And, to make things perfectly clear, no one ever suggested at any time that "interlinking" was "illegal" at all: the penalties handed out are by the Search Engines whose job it is to sort through gazillions of websites to find those that comply with the standards (and to thus award value and position to them) and those who do not (and to then keep them separated via penalties and de-lisitng from their Results pages -- sometimes forever). There is no "legality" issue involved at all, even though it seems like in Cyberworld "Sheriff" is spelled "G-o-o-g-l-e"!
Now that things have been clearly spelled out using easy-to-comprehend language that cannot possibly be mis-interpreted (and links to Tutorials and Tips once again provided below), there should be nothing to hold you back from properly managing your hosting account yourself to perfection!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)