First time poster so here goes.
1. I want to have a form where people can;
2. I have completed the above part BUT want to have 'Member only" pages visible only after the user has logged in successfully. Failure to successfully login will result in the user being redirected back to the login page or another page of my choice.
- Register (email & name) - a reply email from administrator supplies password though I may wish to manually allow login after vetting.
- login / logout
- retreive password if lost
- all data sitting in a database (I use Blue Voda & Vodahost)
How do merge the two together?
Now I know how to protect pages individually or a folder where I can publish other pages but this is all very manual and time consuming.
I have combed this forum though not thoroughly as I'm sure this question has probably been answered already. I am a relative newbee to web design but I know what I like in a website and being a IT Consultant would like to think I can pick this up fairly quickly if I put in the time.
Some direction in this matter would be much appreciated.
I should also add that I intend to offer web design to my current clients so I want to start off with best practices and limit the time I spend building a website. If this is a script/process that's difficult or impractical then I am open to paid scripts though I think what I ask is fairly straight forward. No Paypal or ecommerce in the immediate future.
Here are a couple of sites I have built just so you know where I'm at skill wise, be it good, bad or no comment...
Apologies as I have digressed.
In summary how do I restrict page access to only those people who have registered and logged in?
Thanks in advance