Ad revenue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad revenue

What kind of traffic flow or unique id, and registered users would a type of social network need to be able to generate some kind of ad revenue?

I would imagine the more pages viewed and users registered(along with demographics) the more targeted the advertising can be and hence more u could charge for advertising.

Re: Ad revenue

OK...seems you grasped the basics....so what is your question???
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

lol...I guess what I'm trying to say is what kind on numbers as far as $ revenue someone could expect, with a low user rate of like 10, 000 users?

Comment

That is like asking how many ants are in an anthill.......

If those 10,000 users have money and are loyal consumers (not simply 'subscribers' or casual visitors) AND you present a viable $100 product or service that they do not mind parting with their money to actually buy once or at best twice, the numbers reflect more on your profitability per conversion, don'tcha think? Luxury buyers are not only a harder market for many to penetrate (they tend to shop amongst themselves or with established names/brands they know), they are much more fickle....but you might find that out.....

Then again, if you have 100,000 "users" who may not be as flush but shop habitually for that $1 item on your site, who is to say that is not more desirable? (In truth, this group is probably more sought after as they tend to be your own best co-marketers and advertisers.....word gets around, and friends and family are the first core break-out sphere of influence most online enterprises strive to matriculate....if they are smart). Creating *******ting or self-renewing markets is the key to ROI of promotability.

It sounds to me as if not only do you not have a Business Plan, you might still be planning a business that you think taking online will be your ticket. Being online as a business requires much more than a traditional brick and mortar, if it is to be profitable and sustainable, and requires as much financial commitment and twice the creative energy......for the most part, if you know your idea is sound and have done half the due diligence normally expected, the "numbers" you ask of now are low on the list of questions you need answers to and should be posing: we know things will "pop" when finally unveiled, but that is not our main focus, for that would prove too distracting as we bear down begin to build our dreams.
        (Besides, our Business Plan spells it all out so anyone can see and understand!)
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I'm still in my planning stage. I thought I would throw that question out there to see what kind of answer/answers I would get from someone that may have already started a website like a social network of somekind.

I understand that there are many things I need to consider and that like you said should be considered first and foremost.

Comment

Working...
          X