Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Publishing error - 553-Can't open that file: No such file or directory 553 Rename/mov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing error - 553-Can't open that file: No such file or directory 553 Rename/mov

Publishing Error: 553-Can't open that file: No such file or directory 553 Rename/move failure: No such file or directory

I have just started to try out Microsoft Expression Web and uploaded pages this morning. It asked if I would like to delete old files on the server so I naturally clicked yes... Some of these were 553.shtml files (I think.) Is there some way of finding out what these are, where I can get a hold of some, and where to put them?

I can provide Uploading/Publishing logs if you wish to see them.

Thanks for the help

Dan

Domain name: http://dwat.co.nz/
    Tyres and Romantic Books

Re: Publishing error - 553-Can't open that file: No such file or directory 553 Rename/mov

Make sure that you are publishing inot your public_html directory...Or a valid directory that is locatd inside of your public_html directory.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Publishing error - 553-Can't open that file: No such file or directory 553 Rename/mov

Thanks for the input... I just deleted the folders and loaded a new set... the permissions must have gone haywire when I deleted the original settings.

Cheers,
      Dan
      Tyres and Romantic Books

Comment

Working...
      X