X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login question

Hi all,
    My wish is to extend one of my sites with a members login function. I have read up on Navaldesigns login script, it almost does what I want.
    I am making a website to promote a book my father has written. It has a (very small) webshop, a blog page etc. What I would like is a section where other members of my family (and only them) could login to their OWN page(s) and write a blog, upload a few pictures, send messages to other family members etc. If the blog could be updated by themselves it would be great but if not I would update it for them. The finished blog would obviously have to be accessible by the general public. I'm attempting all this with Bluevoda and iWeb and apart from the members login part it's all working well.
    Is this something that can be done with the login script or am I looking at ordering a personal script?

Porkmeister

Re: Login question

Wel, if the BV Login script doesn't conflict with the blog script or with the script (if any) that you will use to uload images, news, etc, then there should be no issue.

However nowone can tell this if he doesn't first analyze the codes.

Usually these are dedicated scripts combine all these functions:
    Bolg management (and display on the "public" pages), Users management and page protection, news and images management, message management etc.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for replying Navaldesign,
      As you say I can't tell unless I try it but, I've read on your tutorial that the login script doesn't support redirecting to members personal pages and this is what I want it to do. Where they log into has to be only for them and not the rest of the family. Is this possible?

Porkmeister

P.S. I'm using iWeb's blog.....not the best in the world but it suits my limited needs. The conflicts that may occur with the scripts I will tackle later.

Comment

No, you can't redirect to personal pages with the standard BV login script.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that. Where do I go from here? Should I be looking at a custom script? Is your Customized DBTS Logger the sort of thing I should use?

Porkmeister

Comment

Yes, it is the sort of thing you would need. It can support multiple page templates (for blogging, uploading pics etc) and can redirect to specific pages. It also supports dynamic pages (meaning that you need NOT create a blog page for each user, one - dynamic - is enough.)

But, most probably, since this is for your family use, even Logger Light could be ok for you at a very lower cost.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Thank you Navaldesign, you've been most helpful. I think the logger lite is what I'm gonna go for. BTW your demo page doesn't want to log me in, demo1/demo1 throws up "No such user in database"

Porkmeister

Comment

Unfortunately, everyonce in while some testers change the password without changing it back to the original one, and this causes issues logging in

I have now set it again to demo1 so you can test it.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X