Help with password protected pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with password protected pages

Hi, I've read "http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/bluevoda-general-issues/55281-bv-built-login-system-tutorial.html" over and over again but I can't find the answer I need.
    Here is what I want to do:
    I want people to go to a specific page when they click on "members login" of my menu where they will find a frame asking for a password. I don't want them to create a password by themselves but I want to give to everyone I choose a specific password ( their ID number in the company).
    I created a page with every possible icon (login, protect page, protect single page etc.) and tried a lot of things but nothing works as I need. (Of course I created the database file).
    I need very simple step-by-step instructions for what I need.
    Thank you.

Re: Help with password protected pages

I think that you have somewhat confused yourself.

1. Each page can have one and ONLY one of the login tools. So you can't put in a page ALL tools
    2. The script is designed so as to use username AND password. So you can't make it ask ONLY the password.
    3. To do what you want, you will NOT create Signup page (as you will be creating the usernames / passwords for them)
    4. You MUST create an "Admin" page through which you will be creating / adding / deleting usernames and passwords. This is done by adding the "Admin" object in the page and setting up correctly its properties. When you create a new user, you must also set their Status to "Active"
    5. You need to create a "Login" page where users can login when they need to enter the protected area of the site. This is done by adding the "Login" tool in the page. In your menu, add a link to this page so users will be brought here when they need to login.
    6. You can (if you wish) create a "Forgot Password" page. This is done by adding the related tool in the page.
    7. You can (if you wish) create also a "Logout" page. This is done by adding the "Logout" tool in the page.
    At this point, you only need to add the "Protect Page" object in the pages you need to protect (which must be .php)

Please note that the database details must be the same in all of your pages (as all tools need to reference the same data)
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi Navaldesign,
      thank you for your response.
      I created a "members_login" page, I also created an "admin" page and gave myself a password in order to try the system. After the "members_login" page as I type my password I am directed to "members_index" page where I will put all the information I want to a menu bar object. This means that I have to protect this page too as it will include all this info. So far so good isn't it? I mean I take all the necessary steps in order to create what I want. But when I try to put the "protect page" object on "members_index" page it doesn't work. I also tried to connect another page with an item in the menu bar in "members_index" page just to see if it works. Again it doesn't. Neither in preview mode nor when it's published.
      Either I'm missing something or I don't know what else.
      I would appreciate if you helped me.
      Thank you.

Comment

The Login script doesn't work in Preview.
        And, the pages must be .php . Are they ?
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

It doesn't work even when published.
          All the pages are .php.
          I'm stuck. Any ideas?

By the way I wasn't able to use BV12 edition. I hoped it could work better with the protected pages. I downloaded it and started working on my wbsite with it but suddenly BV shut down and when I tried to open my pages again I saw the old edition.Could you help me with this too?

Comment

Please provide links to the pages.

When you say "It doesn't work" what EXACTLY do you mean ?

Do you mean that anyone can see the page even if he is not logged in ?
            Navaldesign

Comment

I had another attempt of downloading BV 12.1 the newest version but no success. On the othe hand I'm afraid of loosing my pages created by BV11.
              Then I went back to my password protected pages, I just searched on the net for the pages and I couldn't see them as I am supposed to. Before sending the previous message though. I just created a brand new page and put the "protect page" item on it , published it and it works again.
              My problem is solved for the time being and I hope it remains as it is.
              Thank you for your concern. You are always very helpful.
              I'll wait for your advise -whenever you are available-about my BV 12.1 issue and the way I can save my files so that I won't loose them in case BV crashes again.

Comment

BV 12.1 is stable enough, or at least this is what I believe.
                If you open a BV 11 page in BV 12 and you Save it, you will no longer be able to open it in BV 11, so I suggest that you make a backup of all your BV pages files (by copying, on computer level, the entire BlueVoda Website Builder folder) so you will have them as backup in case you should revert to BV 11.

However I don't see why you have issues installing BV 12.

You can try uninstalling BV 11 and then download / install BV 12.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                X