This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSN uninstalling itself

MSN has uninstalled itself twice now, i've ran scans and its not turned up any viruses/spyware/malware at all. What is it doing? How can i fix it?

Re: MSN uninstalling itself

Never heard of this before? Is there anything that you've downloaded or clicked on in a conversation in Windows Live? Usually they're viruses .. and what are you using as your Anti-Virus?
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Messanger is never used. my grandpa uses the computer to play poker on pogo, thats all that its used for, he doens't click the links or anything, just goes on to play pogo then shuts it off. i scanned it repeartly adn didn't find anything, just empted cookies and tmp and stuff and reinstalled msn agian, see if it does it again.

Comment

Do an MS/Windows Update .... MSN along with a lot of other things have been updated far beyond your original configuration, and like above as hinted by Jeremy MSN-IM has been morphed into "Live" .... your IM set up should repair itself during update, or at least give you the option to either advance to Live or to remain at the earlier version.

Should have no further difficulty after this......
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Ok, it did it again, this is 4th time... I reformatted yesturday, had trouble getting msn to install, it finally installed adn worked.. turned it off for night went on it this morning and it had deleted. Any Ideas on whats its doing and how to fix it?

Comment

When you say you reformatted, what do you mean exactly? You completely wiped the whole system including ALL operating programs etc?
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Check DEFAULT SETTINGS.
              Sounds like the reconfiguration is not being saved by the OS, and upon re-boot sees it as malicious.

Also....scan your system for viruses ..... a very necessary practice. After you know the system is "clean" go back to MS Update and re-install manually (not bundled with other updates).
              Since this is not your system, most likely it has not been done regularly out of fear of messing things up......

Manually install software and apps .... allows you to "hard-wire" associations and override your system walls.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X