Mals Shopping Cart Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mals Shopping Cart Question

I received an email from a customer that said the only problem he had on my site was when he went to the shopping cart and added something, than wanted to return and add more it always returned him to the top of the page. He would than have to scroll down again to find the next item he wanted to purchase. Is there some way that they can be returned to the same point in the page where they left off before so they don't have to keep scrolling up and down when they add more?
    My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Re: Going back to your same place

Hi, not sure if this will work with your cart. But when you make an add to cart button for one of your products, I assume you get the option to fill in a field that you put in a url of your choosing to where the customer will be sent after they press continue shopping.
    If so you will have to go to every product & put in a bookmark. (Top of your BV page under insert) If your entire products each has a different name I would change the bookmark name to match.
    Then you would name the return link.
    http ://www.mycoffeegourmet.com/pickwick.php#pickwicklemontinttea
    Try it on 1 or 2 items 1st to check it works.

Good luck.
    PS. I personally think all carts should do this.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I use Mal's e, and putting a bookmark does not work. You have to include a return to page command in your button link like so...http://ww5.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm?us...#&product=Beef Pot Roast&price=3.49&units=1.0&return=www.yourdomainna me.com/pagename.html

Comment

I am using Cart Manager (Should have put that in the orginal post) so if anyone is using it, please let me know so that I can try it on there. I just don't know where to put it... Actually I know nothing about these dang bookmarks! :)
        My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

I sorry I can't help, but I found a mistake on your page. The paragraph that has the coffee maker infront of it has an overlapping of text. Great job on your website. Makes me want to drink coffee.

Comment

AmaDee,

On which page is the mistake, can you copy the url and post it here so I can fix it up?

I am sure someone will have Cart Manager and can help me out with this.

Comment

i just went to the page and now it's not the way it was. It was the homepage. Everything looks good this time around.

PS: I hope someone does come around to help you.

Comment

Re: Mals Shopping Cart Question

If a customer complained that they returned to a different part of the page then what they ordered - I think they have way too much time on their hands. Many websites take people on the continue shopping button to the home page or another page - not the one they just ordered from. You took them back to that page - and why would they want to go back to the same product? Doing that would mean they want to order the same thing again - why wouldn't they have put it in for 2 or 3 or however many they wanted to begin with.

No, you cannot make it return to a certain part of a page - because you are telling it to return to a specific page - or to return to the same page they came from - which will not always be the same - therefore you couldn't put in a bookmark - as each person will be ordering a different product.

I really can't believe someone complained about this - or that we're discussing it LMBO.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Must admit, I like the idea of ordering in one iframe on a web page wilts your bill is being updated in another iframe on the same page. I am not sure why Pay Pal doesn’t somehow give this facility. It would make life so much easier if this was given as an alternative to being sent to a cart page every time you hit the add to cart button.
                  Personally I like the carts that just show you an update in the top corner of the page & never send you to a cart page unless you want to go there.
                  Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

With CM you do NOT have to take people to the cart at all when they order - you CAN do it like Chris just said. And you have the cart button on the page to go to.

I choose to take them to the cart, because having it this way gives me a higher sales ratio (lower abandoned orders) - seems it helps people to order - specially if they are only buying the one product.
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I am just going to leave it like it is. I don't think it is that bad of a problem since every page only has about 12-15 products on it.

Maybe in the future I will do something about it if I keep getting complaints about it.

Comment

Hi anyone,

I'll make this short, I am having trouble figuring out how to out mal's cart into bv. Could someone please help.

Thanks in advance

Chuck

Comment

Chuck,
                          What exactly is the problem? You go to mal's - get the code you need for each product - then you paste that code into html boxes on your bv pages - each one gets it's own box where you want it on the page.
                          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth,

Thanks beth, I throught that was it but wasn't sure and did not want to mess up. I am off and running to gods knows where but I'm running. Talk you to later if I need any help.

Again thank you.

Chuck

Comment

yw - and someone will be here if/when you holler :)
                              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                              X