X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DN just came out of "limbo" have to readjust

Hi,
    Doteasy owned our DN for a while, we prepaid to own it again when it came up out of limbo. Thats done now but I forget how to switch the DNS while i'm waiting for transfer stuff so i can republish our site.

help please!
    Sarah
    www.poweredhobbies.com
    www.alittlehelpaz.com
    www.repairguysaz.com

Re: DN just came out of "limbo" have to readjust

this was our original site we opened with BV also... this is what our account is known as... don't know if that makes a difference.
    www.poweredhobbies.com
    www.alittlehelpaz.com
    www.repairguysaz.com

Comment

You should already know how to find Tutorials of all types for anything you need to do >> The Complete Video Tutorial Library, where you'll find the following selection of Tutorials to help you with your Domain issues:

Name Servers & DNS
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

yah you'd think i already know... its been a while.. and this vodahost site is like getting lost in a cavern.. its huge! I know what gets me by.. dont have time to be full of all the info =) hence why i come to the chat board! =) thanks... i think i got it.. have to wait 60 days to get an auth code to make the switch but i've changed the DNS IP addresses.. ugh.. i used the numbered one not the ns.voda32. one.. is that right?
        www.poweredhobbies.com
        www.alittlehelpaz.com
        www.repairguysaz.com

Comment

No big .... that's why I try to always include the page with all the Tutorials, so people can bookmark them for easy access. We've ALL been down the same road, you know ....

You should simply leave the domain at the registrar and make the simple DNS Nameserver changes to point to your account here (it's probably not only cheaper to renew each year but simpler all the way around if you leave it there, anyway). You use the PAIRED Nameservers ... for example NS1.voda32.com and NS2.voda32.com as shown in the Tutorials.

Remember to create an Add-On domain to your account using this new, additional domain name, and then you're ready to publish!

Comment

got this message when i tried... i wondered if this would be an issue...

Addon Domains
            Addon Domain Additions

Error from park wrapper: You cannot park your main domain!
            www.poweredhobbies.com
            www.alittlehelpaz.com
            www.repairguysaz.com

Comment

This is telling you that you are trying to create an Add-On domain using your Primary Domain name .... can't duplicate things that way.

What specifically is the Primary Domain name for your hosting account from VodaHost?
              What specifically is the domain name that is at the center of all this fuss, the one that "just became available" (apparently) at your Registrar?

Comment

Working...
              X