Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep getting my sql error

Hi.

I created a new database, and new database user. This was fo the purpose of installing a new phpbb forum. I have 2 already installed. My first forum, which runs on My Sql database phpb1, is now showing an error everytime i try to go to the forum. Other forum members are reporting the same error, and the forum cant be found.

This is the error that is showing "
    General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Access denied for user 'dukgekjg_dave'@'localhost' (using password: YES) [1045]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists."

The user is the one i just created but it was only used in phpb4 database. Ive tried going into mySql through cPanel, to see if i can find whats wrong but it all appears fine.

The website/database thats affected is www.hondaclub-uk.com/forum

Can anyone help?
    http://www.hondaclub-uk.com/

Re: keep getting my sql error

Meant to add the new forum on database phpb_4 is a subdomain of hondaclub-uk, not sure if that makes any difference?

Comment

if you have 3 forums then the username can remain the same but the database names has to be different. is the database for the missing forum still intact if so is there a possibility that the config.php file could have been over written. download this file in the affected forum and check that the information is correct for that forum.
      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Checked and the database is still there for the forum. This is a strange one. Ive uploaded a backup config.php i had for the forum aswell just incase it was that file that was over written, but still get exactly the same messege.

Comment

I take it you manually installed the forum.
          1/ have you installed any modification to it prior to it going down.
          2/ was you working on the forum or another when the forum went down.
          3/ then checking the config.php was the database / username and password set up correctly. eg:
          dukgekjg_databasename
          dukgekjg_datebaseusername
          password ( correct for that database username )

it's hard to say with out seeing the config.php file or checking the database set up.
          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Yeah, manually installed from a brand new version. Everything went fine during install, and my other forums were ok. How do i check the config.php for username and password. Im using dreamweaver, is it poss to check it using that? The new forum seems to be working fine, but this original one shows this error no matter what I do. If you can let me know how to check the username/password on the config.php file that would be good mate.

Thanks!

Comment

Yes you can use dreamweaver to check it the file should look like this.

PHP Code:
              <?php
              // phpBB 3.0.x auto-generated configuration file
              // Do not change anything in this file!
              $dbms 'mysqli';
              $dbhost 'localhost';
              $dbport '';
              $dbname 'username_databasename';
              $dbuser 'username_databaseusername';
              $dbpasswd 'password for database username';
              $table_prefix 'phpbb_';
              $acm_type 'file';
              $load_extensions '';

@
              define('PHPBB_INSTALLED'true);
              // @define('DEBUG', true);
              // @define('DEBUG_EXTRA', true);
              ?>
              this file is written when you first install the forum. now if you change anything in these lines or within mysql database and the two don't match then you get an error.
              One of the main reasons is ether deleting a username from MySql or changing the permissions for that user or password.

$dbhost = 'localhost';
              $dbport = '';
              $dbname = 'username_databasename';
              $dbuser = 'username_databaseusername';
              $dbpasswd = 'password for database username';
              $table_prefix = 'phpbb_';

the lines above should be checked that they match what is in MySql Database in c-panel.

one way to check is to download a config.php file from one of your other forums and upload it to the forum with the problem. ( make sure you have a copy of the originals saved ) if it connects to the second database and shows ok then the problem is in the lines above not matching.
              warning though this only works if neither forums have been modified or have but with the same modification.
              Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Hmmm, both are heavily modified forums, but in different ways. I managed to open the file using wordpad (gave similar layout to yours above).
                The PW doesnt match. I've tried deleteing the user "phpb1" and then creating the user but using the password thats in the config file, but still get exactly the same error (still showing the username "_dave" even though thats no longer a username on that database. Is there a way to reset the pw's ? I thought be recr=eating the username and with the correct pw it would have worked.

Comment

Just noticed that in the config file, mine says $dbms = 'mysql'; (doesnt have i on the end of it? It does in the error i get though?

Comment

You could try making a new database and username, then download to your computer the old database. then install the contents to the new database. then re-Wright the config file with the new data. but do not delete the old database.
                    if your note sure or if you won't i could take a look for you, you will have to google the name below or use the contact info in my profile here.
                    Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

is it easy to rewrite the config file? I think i could give it a try. Coul i upload it to the new database i created, as its only a testing forum anyways?

Comment

as long as you open and edit in dreamweaver or any good text editor even notepad but not word, then yes just make sure you enter the details within the ' ' on the lines. then copy the file into the forum.
                        Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

whew! Thanks mate! Rewrote the config.php and now we're back online!!!! Can't thank you enough! I owe you one!

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Cool No Problem
                            Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

Working...
                            X