Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video longer than 20 minutes

Hi,
    I'm want to put video on my church website. I wanted to use [YOUTUBE], but it limited me to 10 minutes. The video I want to use is 25 minutes.
    Is there somewhere else I can go to or can I upload it in Bluevoda.

Fran

Re: Video longer than 20 minutes

you can upload your video direct through bv. Depending on what format the video is in, you just use the correct icon (e.g real player)

Or find a free program that converts video to flash, that would be better, that you upload to your site using the flash icon.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Will the controls come with the flash player ( Stop, Play, pause, elc.)

Comment

Yes they will. Do a search for 'free video to flash' you'll find plenty of programs and very easy to work too. I would tell you the name of the one I use but it's on my main pc, I am on the sofa with the laptop as I have hurt my back!!
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Ouch, that sounds painful Ramsey..................
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Originally posted by davidundalicia View Post
            Ouch, that sounds painful Ramsey..................
            More than I can tell you!!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your back, I'm not in a hurry so when you find time can you please send me the link.

Thanks

Comment

it might be several days before i switch my pc on again, as i say just do a search, unless anyone else out there can recommend a video to flash converter for Fran??

Comment

Try this one (the big download button top of page), as it is the most capable of managing many tasks and types of formatting.
                  Another option is to select one from these results.

* BTW: Blue FTP is not a suitable tool to upload larger files such as mentioned, as it will invariably perform sub-standard (mostly based on connection speed). To upload video, audio, or files larger than .5mb it is strongly recommended you use the Upload icon in your Control Panel.
                  . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                  * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

i call it Divine Intervention: we built a website for jeffwoodministries.org and Pastor Jeff insisted on putting his weekly program - 35 minutes on his site. we uploaded as Vasili has suggested in the cpanel and low and behold his video plays right away, non stop - I was amazed, but I am not going to argue with fate. it was very important that the name of the file be very short, no caps, no spaces and it was saved as a wmv file. I am still amazed - here is the link

notwithstanding there are several programs to convert from wmv to swf but not many of them work very well. I think Marincky can vouch for that. if you have problems with converting your video, contact me through my website and i would be happy to help you out.
                    Good luck and God Bless!
                    mrmagoo144
                    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

What I can vouch for is MrMagoo's good work... he really can make some instant working flash videos.

Comment

* Might also want to keep in mind that when uploading large files like this via cPanel's File Manager, it is only prudent to first Zip these files and transfer them in this "protective" state: once on the server, you can un-Zip them safely using the obvious icon in the File Manager toolbar.

Comment

now that is interesting. i will try this and see if we can get better results. thanks!
                          mrmagoo144
                          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

.... and on we go!

Comment

Working...
                            X