Bookmark ( Add to favourites) button in BV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bookmark ( Add to favourites) button in BV

This is an example of bookmark button. A BV advanced button is used.
    Please copy the following code in the "Between Head" Tag of your page HTML:

<script type="text/javascript">
    /***********************************************
    * Bookmark site script- &#169; Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com)
    * This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
    * Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for full source code
    ***********************************************/
    function bookmarksite(title, url){
    if (document.all)
    window.external.AddFavorite(url, title);
    else if (window.sidebar)
    window.sidebar.addPanel(title, url, "")
    }

</script>

To create the button, open your BV page, and click on the icon of the "Advanved Button" , or clicl on "Insert", --> Form --> Advanved Button. Size it as you want, and double click on it , to open the Properties Dialog Box.

For the button properties, select the following:
    Button Type: OnClick
    OnClick Action : Execute Javascript function
    In the OnClick value field type in
    javascript:bookmarksite('site_title', 'site_URL')
    Replace "site_title" with the actual title of your site, f.e. 'Studio Navaldesign'.
    Replace 'site_URL' with the actual URL of your site (or that of the specific page), f.e. 'http://www.navaldesign.info'

Please test the script in www.navaldesign.info/Tips/bookmarkbutton.html

This script was found, as you can see, in Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com

Oh, it also works in preview.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Re: Bookmark ( Add to favourites) button in BV

or this hehe...

<a href="javascript:window.external.AddFavorite('http ://www.yourwebsite.com', name of website)" style="font-size:12px;color:#0033cc;font-family:verdana;font-weight:bold;font-style:italic;">Bookmark Us</a>

this will make a text link called Bookmark Us the text color is currently blue you can change it by editing the color code and the font size.

jim
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

navaldesign,

I attempted to use this on my home page (index). I worked but I wanted to us a picture for the button and that didn't work it came out a sliver white insted may i ask what i did wrong?
      (sorry for my spelling here I have ispell but it desided not to work today just keeps asking me to redownload it.)

Jolen
      www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

Redownload what ? To insert the image, just edit the button style, and use an image. The image has to have the same dimensions or it will be distorted or tilled.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok thank you I think it's working now.

Thank you for taking the time to post back to me.

Jolen
          www.advertise.windameer.com - Add a Banner for your site or sites for free.

www.windameersfleamarket4u.com - Buy Sell Trade with Windameer's Flea Market 4U ( 1 Year Free for BV sites)

www.windameer.com - Come see our Angora Goats.

Comment

Naval,

Okay I put the script in one of my pages than went to insert, form, advanced button. the button comes up but when I double click it nothing happens. I tried it five times with the same result.
            My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

Please provide a link to the problematic page. Did you link the button to the script ?
              Navaldesign

Comment

Once again, Naval....great tip. Thank you...works like a charm!
                Cindy
                Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I don't know, I took the button off since it was not doing anything!
                  My Coffee Gourmet -I offer discounts to forum members, so pm me for the discount code!

We Have Picnic Baskets - Your stop for picnic baskets, picnic backpacks, NCAA Logo Merchandise and more! PM me for a discount code!

"What you not give up, No one can take from you!" - Our motto from our two month long strike this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by coffeegourmet
                    I don't know, I took the button off since it was not doing anything!
                    You need to set the button properties to the javascript. to do so, please follow these instructions:

For the button properties, select the following:
                    Button Type: OnClick
                    OnClick Action : Execute Javascript function

In the OnClick value field type in
                    javascript:bookmarksite('site_title', 'site_URL')

Replace "site_title" with the actual title of your site, f.e. '
                    Studio Navaldesign'.
                    Replace 'site_URL' with the actual URL of your site (or that of the specific page, f.e. 'http://www.navaldesign.info'
                    Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by Dream Lady
                      Once again, Naval....great tip. Thank you...works like a charm!
                      Cindy
                      Thank you Lady!!
                      Navaldesign

Comment

Naval,

I found that I have to right click on the button and open the properties, if you do that it will work like a charm! :) Silly me! I will add it tomorrow to my php menu page, which is working like a charm too! Thanks for the great stuff! :)

Comment

thank you so much, i did forget the last bracket, but the error on page message told me it was expecting it, so i repaired and works perfect.

i am relatively new to this and appreciate so much your easy to understand instructions

Comment

Working...
                          X