error 12111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error 12111

I posted this earlier and now it's disappeared so I'll try again.

Keep getting Internet Exception Error 12111 while trying to upload. I've checked IP address, name and password in Publish box, turned off firewalls . . Any suggestions?

Re: error 12111

Do you have a Vodahost account?

This error is only referenced by frontpage and frontpage extensions.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Yes, I've had an account/web site hosted by Blue Voda for almost 3 years.

Comment

Now it appears there may be a problem as I'm using my wireless router to publish. I opened a ticket to find out what to do and wasn't given much information.

Anyone else use a wireless router to upload? How did you get around the firewall of the router?

Comment

I have been, and still do, using a wireless for more than 2 years, no problem at all.

I don't think that your own router firewall might be a problem, however if that is the case, consult your router help file.

Did you change anything ? Computer ? OS ? Did you, by any case pass from XP to Vista ?
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The only thing that changed was going to a wireless router. I have a support ticket open with the Voda people and was told that it was a wireless problem and to hard line the computer and see if that made a difference. It didn't. I'm still getting the same error message. I've turned off every firewall I can find, turned off the Net Nanny, turned off the anti-virus (another suggestion by the Voda Host people) and still no luck. I even downloaded the latest version of Blue Voda thinking that when we ran a clean-up on this computer, it might have deleted some files. Still no luck. We did not change from XP to Vista (still have XP). I've e-mailed the ticket again asking for other suggestions now that we've done the hard line and still cannot upload (by the way, I can log into my account (C-Panel) and through both Blue FTP and Smart FTP just fine - I just can't upload).

Comment

This seems to be the only thread I'm able to keep here - I've had 2 disappear!

Tried everything and no luck. Is there some hidden firewall I'm not seeing? I've turned off Windows, Zone Alarm, Net Nanny, anti-virus protection . . .

Voda keeps telling me it's a firewall problem but I can't figure out what else to turn off. We're also taken the wireless router out of the loop entirely.

Any suggestions?

My website is www.worldsofmagic.com. I can see my website just fine, can log into my c-panel as well. Just can't seem to upload.

Comment

Just wanted to give an update. I finally figured out the problem. We had recently upgraded our Net Nanny before all these problems with uploading began although I kept turning it off when I published so I originally didn't think it was an issue.

Turns out that just disabling wasn't enough and I had to go into the Applications Override section and add the BlueVoda.exe, BlueFTP.exe and SmartFTP.exe to the override. That did the trick. I still need to turn off my Zone Alarm firewall when I upload so I try to do little bits at the time so I'm not totally vulnerable while uploading.

Normally I've found the BlueVoda folks to be extremely helpful in figuring out issues, but there were a couple on my support ticket that were borderline rude.

And the fact that some of my other threads on here were disappearing is a bit concerning as well.

Comment

Working...
                X