Cookie Stuffing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookie Stuffing

Can anyone enlighten me on this subject? I have a site with good traffic and no sales. Any and all info welcome.
    The Female Zone

Re: Cookie Stuffing

Cookie Stuffing wont increase your sales. Cookie stuffing is generally used to redirect affiliate traffic when someone clicks a link, to other services and most often to make it appear that an actual click thru or sale has been made when it actually hasnt. So in the long run.. the person PAYING the commissions is actually paying your for sales or click thrus that didnt occur.

Link Share, Commission Junction, Yahoo, Amazon.. have all been caught up in this cookie stuffing thing. Just google it. Its exactly WHY I dont deal with any of their affiliate programs because Im not paying for clicks I dont get and Im not going to push their products on the chance that they allow a top dog or top earner to highjack my clicks.

Some claim that it works because you after at least get more exposure, but how much and where do you draw the line for these NON existant sales or clicks, just for the browse?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

can you be little more clear in lay mans terminology.
      please

Comment

Ok... Lets say.. i have a site and i run an affiliate network. You join and i give you a piece of code to put on your site, so that you get credit for the sales? Ok.. so to encourage you... i make sure you get your sales by redirecting your link to a page that has your site first or second in the listing assuring you get clicks. Lets say you dont produce as much as the fifth guy on my list. So.. i now push his link to the top and you dont exist on the page any more or i redirect your click to another page..even tho they CLICKED your link.

Ok.. lets say im yahoo. And lets say you show up organically in the number 2 spot for your search term..but lets ALSO say you pay for advertising on yahoo. So.. now.. if someone clicks that link i fix it so that it shows a page of SEVERAL results and NOT just you to which a view MIGHT click..but you PAID for that ad....and now they click on someone else...

Or lets say you are an affiliate.. and you add code to your link which makes my software think you got a click thru and you get paid even tho the click thru didnt actually exist. This is the case in MOST cookie stuffing rip offs.. the first two CAN occur as well but its NOT as common.

See.. its basically THEFT but they get away with it. This isnt EXACTLY how they do it.. but cookie stuffing works similar to this.. I dont know HOW to explain it without using techie terms

Q: I need to know what to look at to check that affiliates aren’t engaging in cookie stuffing and other problem behaviors. How is this done? A: I’d like to preface this by saying that I am not an expert in sleuthing for cookie stuffing. I know some things about it, but one of the […]

just google cookie stuffing

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X