This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom File

Technical question. Each time I publish a new page BV a phantom file publishes to my domain, a flash .swf file to be precise. This file uploads with every page I publish, even blank ones. I've tried everything including a complete uninstall and reinstall of BV but the file is still there. I've searched my entire hard drive and the file in question seems to not even exist on my system. Anybody have a clue where the phantom file is coming from and more importantly, how to get rid of it?

Re: Phantom File

Very strange, never heard of this one before, sounds more like a computer issue than a VodaHost issue, I would do a complete disk defrag and tune up. Also run a spyware sweeper and antivirus check....click the below....

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/per...-computer.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Moving to pc froum

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I keep my system pretty well tuned, full battery of scans run daily. I use RegistryFix v5.5 rather then CClean. Slightly more complete app but not free. I finally located the phantom file through a complete search of all my directories and parked domains. I found it on a parked domain. I had initially used it in a page I published with BV with the file embedded, but hosted on the parked domain as on object in another page (resource sharing). Although I had deactivated the page on the parked domain and republished the page with the renamed .swf on my VH domain, for some reason BV was still embedding the file in all my pages, although I scrubbed every line of the HTML code and it was nowhere to be found. Deleting the file from the parked domain seems to have fixed the problem. Guess it's one for too just scratch your head about and just be thankful it's fixed.

Thanks Again,

Chris
        chris@peetsplace.com

Comment

Working...
        X