No announcement yet.

setting basic pricing/paypal interface.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting basic pricing/paypal interface.

My site www.kneemanbarkus.com is coming along and I'm now to the pricing/purchasing issues. The first problem is a unique pricing plan that makes all items the same price, i.e. $7.00 per package. The variable is that the small, medium, large and mega items (dog bone treats) have different quantities in each package. There are 12 basic treats so if I have a separate "add to basket" button, there will be 48 buttons which is a turnoff for a customer. Is it possible to develop a drop down box so there are only 12 basic buttons with options? If so, what and how? The tutorial doesn't go far enough to help me nor have I seen that issue on the forums.

Next, I have a Paypal account but can't figure out how it goes into my bv page. Is that an issue for Paypal or is there help here for it?

Thank you and I hope this is the correct forum for my questions.

AHE

Re: setting basic pricing/paypal interface.

Your best bet is not to use the paypal buttons on the Bluevoda webbuilder. Just log-in to your paypal account and under 'merchant tools' you will see 'shopping cart'. Just go in there and create your products and prices etc. Then click on 'more options' and in there you can create drop downs for your options you mentioned.

Once finished it will give you some code, you just copy that onto your web page using the html box and this will generate buttons that when clicked on will take the customer to your paypal cart automatically.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I just realised you may have built your site with Soho? In which case ignore the above, all this can be done within the Soho program. There are very easy tutorials to explain how to set up your cart in the correct way.

Sorry
      Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Nope, I did not use soho and will take a shot at the Paypal way.
        Thank you and I'll let you know what happens.
        AHE

Comment

Ok, in that case I stick with what I said above in the first post.

Comment

Paypal shows many carts. Is one better with bv than any other? Is there a preferred one?

Comment

As you only have 12 main products, just find the 'buy now' buttons section under 'merchant tools', this is all you should need. Then in the advanced options you can do your drop down variations.

Comment

OK, so I just enter each item's basic name in the paypal site, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ahelmore View Post
                  OK, so I just enter each item's basic name in the paypal site, right?
                  Yes, and/or a product code if you have one.

Comment

One more question. When you get to the HTML box, where is the new code entered? I think after that I can proceed for awhile.
                    Thanks,
                    AHE

Comment

You look for this button on your BV toolbar and then place it where you want on your page and double click on it to put the code in.

Comment

I have some glitches but at least you gave me a start and the correct places to work. I was terribly frustrated trying to get this far. I've read so many tutorials and forums that they all run together.

Thank you and I'm sure I'll be back later today.

AHE

Comment

Originally posted by ahelmore View Post
                          I have some glitches but at least you gave me a start and the correct places to work. I was terribly frustrated trying to get this far. I've read so many tutorials and forums that they all run together.

Thank you and I'm sure I'll be back later today.

AHE
                          You're welcome

Comment

I continue to be unable to produce satisfactory results with PayPal. I have republished my site www.kneemanbarkus.com with a revised pricing page for viewing of what I'm trying to accomplish. The current problem is that the presense of both the yellow buttons and the drop down menu are visually unacceptable. I need one button (preferably a custom one) at each item and the item size decision to be made on the checkout or basket item sheet provided by PayPal.

Yes, I continue to read the tutorials and forums on both BV and PP and I still can't solve the puzzle. Other sites are able to show what I'm asking so it is possible to do. I've been in and out of PayPal so much they've limited access to my account until they review the latest personal stuff I've sent them.

Hopefully, I've made it clear as to my intent. Other than this pricing issue, I feel the site just needs some cleanup that I am capable of doing.

Thanks for any help I can get.

AHE

Comment

AHE.

PayPal does have its limitations including customization but you are able to import your own buttons. This means find or make what you want and you can use them. Its somewhere under merchant services.
                              Ken

If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys. Orson Wells

Comment

Working...
                              X