Upload PDF Document?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload PDF Document?

Hi, I've tried to find the answer here, but I can't seem to see anything that would help. What I need to know, is how do I get a pdf document uploaded to my site? I watched the video about the ftp manager, but I can't see how to get the file into blue voda. Am I missing something? Also, once I have it uploaded, will people automatically be able to download it?
    A place for moms:

When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out. ~Erma Bombeck

Re: Upload PDF Document?

After you click on the FTP manager and copy the file from your computer to the server- click on the link below to see how to have it accessed on your web page.

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/add...ease-help.html

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

OK, really stupid question here. How do I actually get the pdf document from my computer to the server? How do I get it to come up when I open the ftp manager? I have it saved on my computer, but I just don't know how to get it to go onto the server. I apologize - I am very inexperienced with all this kind of stuff. Blue Voda makes everything so easy that people like me can do alot of stuff we normally couldn't, but there are still alot that we need to learn!
      A place for moms:

When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I climb out. ~Erma Bombeck

Comment

Open FTP manager from inside BV. Click on connect (if yhis is the first time you are using it, you might need to provide your username and password.). Now, on the left part of your screen you can see your computer content, whilst on the right part of the screen you can see your site content (the content of your public_html folder).
        Browse to the left part, to find the file you want to upload, then simply drag it with the mouse from the left part to the right part of the screen.

To make it show up from one of your webpages: create a link to it. It can be a text link, or an image link, or even a link in your menubar. The URL type must be http, the URL itself will be: http://www.momstimecafe.com/filename.pdf
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks! I actually did it! Now, if only I could figure out how to get the links in the actual document working properly......but, thanks for helping! I really appreciate it!
          A place for moms:

Comment

Originally posted by mom2amor
            Now, if only I could figure out how to get the links in the actual document working properly......
            What do you mean they don't work properly ?
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Well, I don't know what happened. I must have been tired or something. I had typed some of them in wrong. I think I got everything fixed now. It takes me about 5X as long to do most things, because I am very technologically challenged! But, I eventually get things figured out! Thanks again!
              A place for moms:

Comment

You are doing well. A lot of it is paying close attention to detail. I can't tell you how many times I have skipped a letter or '.'
                When you want to link to a *pdf click the image or text and use the link button, make sure you copy the exact link, example:
                http://www.yourdomain.com/yourdocument.pdf
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
                X