Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Remove "Remember" from Password Logon Dialog Box ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Remove "Remember" from Password Logon Dialog Box ???

I have not found a solution to this in the Forums, nor in CP resources, so I need help from my Expert VodaPeers:

I need to disable or remove the "Remember My Password" option from the password logon dialog box that presents to visitors when they link to my protected directory.....since this is not a function generated by Windows but the VH server, it is something I should be able to do.

>> I wish to force Users to manually type in User Name and active Password every time they logon.
    This will prevent a working User name and Password to remain on a computer to be "recalled" and possibly used by an unauthorized user, and also serves to control password Terms (eliminating the need to install a time limit script - the password simply will be unusable if deactivated).

(I have a universal support User Name & Password to share with recognized fellows, if need be.....)
    Thanks in advance!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Re: How to Remove "Remember" from Password Logon Dialog Box ???

I think this is a standard CP feature, and i think that it can't be changed just for you. VodaHost will correct me if i'm wrong.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hmmm.
      I would even be willing to pay VH to modify my account [CP ?] to accomplish this....in my line of business, even one incidence of loss or injury could be catastrophic!
      I REALLY need to find a way to do this.....

Comment

This is impossible to disable, The only way around this is if you code your own custom login page,
        or you use a membership management script like www.amember.com or similar. Or you can use
        Soholaunches password management system.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Vasili:
            can you email me the below:
            (I have a universal support User Name & Password to share with recognized fellows, if need be.....)

Thanks, and your page is now ready...........
            Have fun
            Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
            Newbies / Beginners Forum
            FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
            My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
            Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

there is a solution BUT it is risky. you have to add new registery in the current version under Microsoft\Windows, make the value data 1 and the bases hexadecimal.

regards,
              H2O

Comment

???? Although this thread is one and a half years old, what has your own computer registry has to do with it ??? we are talking about disabling the Remember me feature of a Linux Apache server, that id displayed to ANYONE that visits a password protected directory of a site. Or did i misunderstood something ???
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                X