Where is my root directory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is my root directory?

I know this is probably a stupid question with a very simple answer, but where is my root directory? I've looked for definitions and explanations elsewhere, but they only say it's the directory on the server which contains all other folders. That doesn't get me anywhere:P Trying to turn my site from html to php. I'm VERY new at it (started today).

If I open the file manager in the CPanel, is the root directory the first page I see? Or where is it?

Sorry about this.

(And thanks...)

Originally posted by WannaBe
    I know this is probably a stupid question with a very simple answer, but where is my root directory? I've looked for definitions and explanations elsewhere, but they only say it's the directory on the server which contains all other folders. That doesn't get me anywhere:P Trying to turn my site from html to php. I'm VERY new at it (started today).

If I open the file manager in the CPanel, is the root directory the first page I see? Or where is it?

Sorry about this.

(And thanks...)
    the root to your site is the public\yoursite. when you design your pages you have publish in either html or php, you will find the option in page properties
    www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
    BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
    Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

public\yoursite? Can you give me an example? This is in the CPanel, right, not BlueVoda? 'Cause I'm creating the files directly into public_html. Will this work?

:)

Comment

click the below

Answers to general questions and help with common problems. For help with a specific issue, post to one of the forums below.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Okei, thanks! So it's /home/myusername/public_html/ ?

Comment

And, if I want to place a file in that directory, how can I do it?

Comment

you ftp

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ah, hmm... but I have to choose a directory there, right? Usually I just drag one folder from the BlueFTP list on the left (the folder that is on my computer), and into a directory on the right:P Is that the wrong way to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBe
                  Ah, hmm... but I have to choose a directory there, right? Usually I just drag one folder from the BlueFTP list on the left (the folder that is on my computer), and into a directory on the right:P Is that the wrong way to do it?
                  If your using BV to make your site, then use the publish button
                  www.bluevodaexchangelink.com
                  BluevodaExchangeLink Help Center
                  Bluevodaexchangelink Forum

The only place for bluevoda site to be linked with!

Comment

I'm not. Just writing the whole thing in notepad or directly into public_html with "Create new file" :)

Comment

Re: Where is my root directory?

Hi
                      I have to save my XML site map to root directory through file manager in cpanel
                      where is my root directory, how should I go
                      In tutorial i have read it should be some thing public_html/mydomain.com/
                      But in I can;t see any directory or file with /mydomain.com
                      please help

Comment

Re: Where is my root directory?

The root directory is your public_html directory/folder. Yes, if you are coding on notepad just drag the files from the left side to your public_html directory on the right side while using Blue FTP.
                        CarbonTerry
                        Semper Fi
                        Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
                        Zone 5 Photo
                        My USMC

Comment

Working...
                        X