Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spider crawl and keyword density yields strange results

Hi,
    I have been trying to optimize and using various webmaster tools.
    When I "crawl in Google" the results seem fine - text appears as written on pages.
    I need to optimize for Yahoo...when I crawl with a Yahoo-oriented spider, I get stuff like this:
    BEF background transparent font weight bold padding border cursor pointer .MenuBarMenuBar SubMenu position absolute visibility hidden border padding .MenuBarMenuBar SubMenuTable border top px solid white .MenuBarMenuBar Menu td padding px px px px .MenuBarMenuBar
    What do I do about this...do I have to change my menu forms or something?
    Thank you.....

ps. also, got similar results with keyword density checker...I think these results only appear with yahoo-related tools
    www.MaravillaMountain.com

Re: spider crawl and keyword density yields strange results

Well.. just because your BOT sees the coding doesnt mean thats what they SE will display in its results for your site. Of course they will see your coding.. its basically TEXT. Most likely.. they arent going to be counting your CODING as INDEXING. The actual search engine bots are much SMARTER than that and can tell the difference between coding and what is rendered to display on the page.

So.. what you have to do is build your site for visitors, not the SE bots .. not the TOOLS that dont give you a thorough explanation of what they are doing and why. Use good white hat SEO techniques.. dont stuff keywords, use good page titles and headings and you will be found in those SE as well.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Karen
      Thanks for the reply...
      so, does this mean that I don't have to worry about that coded stuff?
      Also, when you refer to not using the tools, using whitehat seo etc, do you specifically see problems with my site?
      Because, like I said, I am trying to optimize, but find that it's a bit confusing, like you have to walk a thin line between getting your keywords in, making pages unique, but not going too far. Right now, I am wrestling with naming (not titles) pages. I've done a few - /caribbean-veg-bedandbreakfast-hotel.html and /weddings-events-groups.html, but I'm a bit in the dark on it.
      So, if you see anything glaringly bad, can you let me know?
      Thank you for your help!

Comment

yes you dont have to worry about that coded stuff. By tools.. i mean scanner or crawler or whatever it was that gave you this info.

I didnt look at your site.. so i dont know what you have or havent done. I didnt see anything .. i was just ..typing in general.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Karen
          Thank you for help.
          Now, is there anyplace you can direct me to in order to get more info on naming (not titling) pages?
          I can't seem to find the info I need in the forum - at least not in one place.
          thanks again

Comment

Page naming is only as difficult as you make it. Keep it short and to the point. Two or three keywords at most, no spaces. I even use ONE word at times. If they dont use book marks you want them to be able to remember the url

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
              X