CMS: Accommodation 3rd party content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMS: Accommodation 3rd party content.

I am a little lost here. I am building an accommodation site. I don't want to sue frames. The 3rd party provides the accommodation list in CSV format with unique number to each service/accommodation suite. How do I install this please anybody?

Re: CMS: Accommodation 3rd party content.

Install it in what? What platform?

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I am building a site using the Blue Voda Sitebuilder. Do I use the script insert button, or a third party software?

Comment

I still have no idea what you are on about. You can EMBED an excel spreadsheet in your bv page with the html box if thats what you want?

You have to TALK AND EXPLAIN to get an answer that you seek.. I feel like im playing RIDDLE ME THIS here.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi Karen,

Apologies, I am new at this, hat I call a next stage in learning. I have researched a little more since the last post I did. There are 2 ways of getting this to look dynamic.

1 is what I see on your own website. When I click on the Gold medallion on Charming novelties, up comes a page within a page without using a frame? how do I do that in BlueVoda?

2. More research says that these hotel providers supply content by XML feeds. How do I do that?

I hope this solves the riddle of what I need. Thanks. Chris.

Comment

Thats dynamic content pulled from a database.

Same thing would apply for an xml csv .. you have to embed the code somehow.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thanks Karen,

Do you know how?

2. How have you done your page? Is it by using the script facility with java software?

Comment

Mine is php.. you could use java script? Ask your FEED supplier how or what they provide.

YES>> I KNOW how.. i 1.) Use a program that does it for me.. like in this case a STORE builder or ecommerce package. Or 2. You use a java script, or rss feed reader of some sort..

In my case i add information to a database.. the code on the page takes that information and displays the contents of the database when you CLICK on a picture..lol

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Brill. Thanks, I am getting somewhere now. There are a few sites I am planning in the travel field for online business.

Comment

Actually, most of the travel providers insist on approving any site using their API or HTML scripts before allowing them to be published "live": they need to assure compliance with all the legal language, representaion of the properties (which are allowed to present according to their own licensing agreements), etc.

The all provide qualifying Affiliates use of their API/HTML/PHP scripts which are completely different than using iFrames, but they must be singularly pre-configured for each Affiliate with their ID and tracking systems enabled.

You mentioned "CMS" in your thread title ..... are you using something like Joomla or Mambo as the foundation of your website (since most people confuse VodaHost 'the web host provider' with Blue Voda 'the web building tool'). If you are using a CMS foundation, you will need to learn how to embed the code onto your pages within the parameters of a plug-in/contribution specifically designed for that purpose (API, HTML scripting, etc.).

You may also be interested in another thread which discusses the different angles of using Blue Voda and Affiliate scripting with regard to the Travel Industry >>> http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/ebu...e-booking.html

And, also going back to your thread Title ... please be aware that 3rd party credit card processing or using someone else's code is illegal. When dealing with "3rd party Content" and the various restrictions upon it due to the distribution agreements (because it is actually 4th and 5th party Content after all!), that was mentioned above, and is one of the reasons providers make Affiliates go through an approval process along with their sites.

Hope you found some of this useful!
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks for the most information I have received anywhere! I'm not interested in taking bookings, handling money, but an affilliate site that integrates more seamlessly than banners and links. It should have a booking engine, but the provider's. I have a site virtually rebuilt with Blue Voda, which I will be hosting here as soon as I can tie up these last few details.

Comment

Again, most "store" interfaces scripts (booking engines) are available from wholesalers only to Agencies, and not to individuals: thus the differences between Affiliates and Agents. It's all about maintaining secure transactions and all the regulations that affect travel itself (proof of identity, etc.).

You will have to make some sort of compromise, one that will allow you to "recreate" the look and feel to something more of what you had in mind....
                        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                        X