Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sitescan

Folks,

My site at www.classic-bike-imports.com has 20 pages. When I run the Google tool Sitescan, it tells me I have 21 pages and 2 of the pages (custom classics and privacy) have incorrect coding. When I check the coding it's identical as all the other pages.

I contacted the Sitescan experts and they tell me that two of my website's pages contain both ga.js and urchin.js tracking code. That is why they are marked as wrong.......... I've even removed the code from those two pages and replaced it with copies of the codes from other pages, but I still get the same scan results.........

Can someone please tell me if I need to worry about it or should I just ignore it?

Thanks in advance

Re: Sitescan

Urchin is the resident mapping. It used to be an expensive stand-alone title years ago, but has since been aquired by Google as a basic embedded tool.

Sounds rather odd that only 2 pages would have it .... it may have been inadvertantly (more like 'slipped in') "included" with another script or function you added to those pages.

Create another Sitemap and re-load it, so it reflects the updated page coding without reporting a conflict.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I've just done as you suggest and then rescanned and got the same result. Their expert told me I need to publish a sitemap XML - is that the same type of sitemap I publish with the Blue Voda sitemap publisher?

Also the extra page (www.classic-bike-imports.com) is detected when I scan the site using the BV sitemap scan........ should I just ignore that aspect of it?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by shakari3 View Post
        A Their expert told me I need to publish a sitemap XML - is that the same type of sitemap I publish with the Blue Voda sitemap publisher?
        B Also the extra page (www.classic-bike-imports.com) is detected when I scan the site using the BV sitemap scan........ should I just ignore that aspect of it?
        A Yes, it is the same type of sitemap created by BV (and Urchin is the resident utility within BV that makes it work). That is why I suggested you replace a sitemap with a new version every time you update your site....
        B Yes, for it seems you are getting caught up on minutia without understanding the bigger picture (as evidenced above).

BTW
        "Perfect Page" compliance is just that: you need to have every element performed precisely to attain the values that are "scanned for" using tools before getting a clean bill of health.
        Be sure you have everything done by the numbers and according to the Rules and Best Practices: META entries, including H-Tags ; Content; Images, which means Titles and ALT Tags, etc.; P2PP (Page-to-Page Perfection, meaning that each page is precisely transitioning -- thus the preference for static templates, or CLONED pages = no differences on basic builds); Navigation & Link structures (including balanced strategies); etc.

See what I mean? no need to "strain on a gnat" if you can swallow a camel!
        LOL
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X