• Show
Clear All

• Links Between My Sites

Hi,

I have 3 websites with vodahost.
    www.quadsafaricostadelsol.com
    www.vipmalagatours.com
    www.easybannersbroker.com

(Not sure if I am allowed to post the URL,s??)

Anyway 2 sites are about travel and leisure, but one an internet business.

Could I post a link on all my web pages belonging to the travel sites to my internet business site,to boost up this site??

Would google class this as spam?? Would I be struck off etc.??

Appreciate any help.

Regards

Mark http://www.easybannersbroker.com

Re: Links from 2 different web sites tht I own

Depending on the SERP position ("Search Engine Results Page", and "PR" = Page Rank) of the originating site of these links, they can be considered "Reciprocal Links" to a large extent, but also may indeed seem to many Search Engines to suggest a Black Hat SEO method of site elevation, now that all the SE's have been evolved to work in a much tighter focus of site aspects once deemed lesser important ... especially upon websites that they can immediately determine are hosted within the same account, at the same specific server IP address.

In any event, they will be considered "Outbound Links" insofar as they do not share any actual Relevancy or contributory value site-to-site, and will thus be categorized as a derrogative variable to the site that posts them: the key is RELEVANCE, and the building or sharing of this strict key aspect to website design. Relevance is the core essential 'purpose' to any presence online, and is the number One focus of the Search Engines as they try to classify, value, and index the volume of websites today.

*IMO, there is no "justifiable relevance" to placing such cross-promotional links especially with minimal or non-existant SERP strategy, and lest they be deemed anything close to resembling a Black Hat SEO "bowling" or "interlinking" method, I would advise against using them.

You might wish to review some recent comments about these link types to better understand them, and the relationships between them before deciding your direction.

. VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

placing links on my 2 web sites.

I have 2 web sites related to the travel industry.

www.quadsafaricostadelsol.com and www.vipmalagatours.com

I have a link from the vip tours to the quads on every page, but would it be better to also have a link from the quads to the vip tours on every page aswell?

Is,nt a one way link better than a reciprical??

Regards

Mark http://www.vipmalagatours.com http://www.quadsafaricostadelsol.com

Comment

Re: Links Between My Sites

After reading my reply above to your original question, what is it exactly that you do not understand?

In any event, they will be considered "Outbound Links" insofar as they do not share any actual Relevancy or contributory value site-to-site, and will thus be categorized as a derrogative variable to the site that posts them: the key is RELEVANCE, and the building or sharing of this strict key aspect to website design. Relevance is the core essential 'purpose' to any presence online, and is the number One focus of the Search Engines as they try to classify, value, and index the volume of websites today.
        *IMO, there is no "justifiable relevance" to placing such cross-promotional links especially with minimal or non-existant SERP strategy, and lest they be deemed anything close to resembling a Black Hat SEO "bowling" or "interlinking" method, I would advise against using them.
        You might wish to review some recent comments about these link types to better understand them, and the relationships between them before deciding
        ANY "outbound" link to another site within the same hosting account (with the same IP address) will prove detrimental to both sites (the Domains, actually), no matter what term you assign for the links or what concept you think you are skirting ... it is clearly "interlinking" and will result in severe penalty!

Comment

UPDATE:
          A thread was deleted where Mark came back to the Forums to report that Google had removed his site from the cached Search Results pages after enjoying prominence for a long time previously, and that this removal came very soon after he went ahead with the interlinking of his sites within the same hosting account (sites associated with the same IP). Pretty much an "I told you so" situation.

Dismayed, there is not much for him to do, now that his sites (Domain names, actually) were being penalized for interlinking, and even if he removed the links, it may take 6 months to a year for Google to "forgive" his error --- if at all. Now that there are a tremendous amount of sites popping up across the Net, the SE's do not have time to mess with those sites that defy the Rules, and most penalties are permanent.

It simply does not pay to think the SE's can be out-foxed.

Comment

very true.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

*smile*

Comment

Working...
              X