Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures and Text mis-aligned in different browsers

Hey BV Nation!

I have a page (http://www.colorworkshairco.com/our-crew.html) with a lot of text (personal profiles) and a row of pictures to the right of it. In the BV builder, the pictures line up exactly next to each person's profile. However, when published, it looks like different browsers render the text with more padding or something which makes the pictures not line up with the text.

It looks the closest in IE, followed closely (but worse) in Chrome and is WAY off in FireFox. And in Safari, the page has A LOT of issues!!

Any ideas why this might be happening and what can be done to eliminate the shifting?

Thanks,
    Scott

www.sellingudesign.com
    Scott

My Web Design Site

Re: Pictures and Text mis-aligned in different browsers

I believe this is a common problem. On discovering 1/3 of my sites' visitors use Safari I now have both IE and Safari open when first publishing a page, and I alter the spacing until it looks right in both. Firefox and IE seem to render in a similar way. Unfortunately I've now noticed that on viewing on an ipad this issue still remains, so I suppose I'll have to have the ipad with me when first publishing too.

I'm afraid it's only hard work and experimentation which will resolve. Other people I know using different webpage builders also have similar issues.
    Trish
    www.Limebrook.com
    www.MountainWalk.co.uk
    www.MyBeardedDragons.co.uk
    www.TucsonForBeginners.com
    www.Pets4kids.info

Comment

See this post ...
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

This is due to the fact that each browser uses a different interline distance for text.

So when text is in a unique, very long (hight) block, images will appear in different positions because it is the text that expands more or less.

Solution:

Break your unique, long text, in small blocks of say 5 - 8 lines each (each paragraph on its own) and you will be just fine.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X