X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affiliate Marketing

Hello to All,

I would like to know is affiliate marketing still a good way to make money. I have struggled for a long time. The clicks I did get never produced a sale, so I removed practically all of my links. I have really been discouraged. I like having a site and writing content, but I was hoping to make some money out of it too. I've put in a lot of time and effort and it all seems for naught. I just cannot get the ball rolling. Is anyone else struggling with affiliate marketing? Am I wasting my time?

Thanks,
    Teresa

Re: Affiliate Marketing

Hi Teresa,

Can we have the url to your website?

There is more to affliate marketing than just placing alink in your webpage.

You need to drive potential customers and entice them to click on the link.

Flashing star, fire and irritating animations wont work.
    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Teresa, I have been involved in affiliate Mktg for some years now and it is not a get rich quick business. As Zuriatman says, there is a lot of work to be done to be successful. If you are serious, don't get discouraged, you may just have to learn some tricks of the trade. I can guide you to a point but in the end you have to put in the hard yards for a year or two before you will realize results. What product/s are you promoting? Your URL please
      The Female Zone

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for responding. I have been working on affiliate marketing for over two years now. I've done a lot of SEO, banner exchanges, and submitted to directories. I've also searched the net for tips. I did get rid of several highly competitive keywords, and many of those pages still have not ranked. Then I started thinking my niche may not be specific enough. Or maybe my site isn't compelling enough or just boring. Whatever it is, I'm running out of options.

My site is http://www.learning-about-computers.com.
        Teresa

Comment

You might consider me to be the resident VodaTalk Affiliate Marketing Guru, I suppose. It was what originally brought me to VodaHost years ago, and accounts for a majority of the inter-relationships between my many, many sites still ......

Honestly, if your site is not up to snuff with regard to optimization and has been created to squarely score favorably to the 'Perfect Page' model, it will not matter if your site has tons of pages each with unique content or hundreds of affiliate banners or links: you will simply fail to be in a 'position' to garner any usable or effective (convertible) traffic to produce the results you dream of!

Creating an Affiliate enpowered website requires far more understanding of the depth of varibles and relational Relevancy than a common website, and although that sounds overwhelming, it really isn't: you need to truly do more study of Affiliate Marketing to fully understand how it works (both according to the model and in reality) and plan in great detail how to present your best effort to perform in like manner.

FOR EXAMPLE
          If you have less than 5 Affiliate links on a page designated for promotion, and that page is not 90%+ relevant to each of those other sites, then you simply do not have a wide enough footprint for those links to add SE values in the cohesive relevant manner (with regard to your own page relevance) they require .... see?

Another practical observation for you to study would be how Google's AdSense ads automatically populate with similar/complimentry links based on the page Content alone....ever wonder why?
          And ever wonder why some sites have "better" links than other sites? (Because those sites/pages have been carefully created to comply with the standards of Perfect Page and current SEO values).
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili,

I'm still trying to understand what you told me. I thought optimizing pages according to the SE's (mainly Google's) standards was the way to go. That's what I've read on different sites. Also that one needs to target a specific niche. Could that be my problem? Is my site too general? There are so many sites on the web offering advice. Do you know of any sites offering advice other than the usual stuff such as link building and submitting articles to improve traffic? Somehow something seems missing, and I can't put my finger on it.

Teresa

Comment

Yes, overall your site/"topic" is too large .... to overcome this diffusion, think of each page as being a site unto itself: build the constructs (the accuracy of the BV build - the foundation itself) as perfected as possible, install truly accurate and carefully crafted Relevancy, and wrap it all together with pin-point accuracy of META Data (H-Tags, KW, etc.) so that each page rises in perfection and PERFORMANCE value in addition to becoming cached as a "reliable Search resource" FIRST based on how it stacks up to the Perfect Page model and SECONDLY by how it complies with the standards so easily "understood" but only superficially 'partnered' with.

Hate to sound cryptic, but it is awfully hard to 'dummy-down' a loaded perspective into just a few words that will allow you to 'get it' and then race on ahead full steam .... it is an understanding that relies on paying attention to details and proper organization of minutia that proves critical, ya know?
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
              X