What does mysql actually do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does mysql actually do?

Hi, i'm David, i'm extremely new to this website business. What does mysql actually do?

I've got a contact page where people can sign up to newsletters, could mysql sort all their information into a database?

any help would be appreciated.

Re: What does mysql actually do?

In Just a few words: My SQL is a relational Database Management System. It allowes you to store and retrieve data on a server, providing a set of specific instructions (commands) that allow you to set criteria when searching / retrieving / storing / editing the data.

Nowdays is the most common database management system used on the net.
    Scripts that make use of MySQL databases can be writen in almost all commonly used programmimg languages. However, php is the most common in Unix (Linux, etc) systems as the ones VH has.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you for your reply but did i mention im extremely new?

how hard will it be to write the codes to set up a mysql?
      could a novice such as myself do it?

thanks.

Comment

depends on what you want to do. For simple tasks, you can use pieces of code that you can find on the net, for more complicated tasks it will be rather hard.

Coding for MySQL implies coding in php. So you need to learn the basics of php first, tehn learn specific comands for mysql.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X