Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photo names are being Re-named after publishing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo names are being Re-named after publishing.

I have just noticed that my photos, shapes and text are Re-named to bv_image1, bv_image2, bv01439.png, ect. after publishing. All my photos have been named before importing to BV and also after, and I make use of the Alt text for description. I think this is affecting my SEO. Is there a way to have the Correct names used instead of the Non-seo friendly bv... name?
    Driveway entry gates and iron work company that offers complete entry gate design, fabrication, and installation with top of the line gate operator systems.

Thanks,
    Tom Elfers

Re: Photo names are being Re-named after publishing.

BlueVoda assigns Titles to Shapes and "images" that are generated from within BlueVoda itself (Logomaker, etc.), but will always publish whatever Title you have preset to an image and not simply replace it!

In keeping with true SEO formatting, each image should be titled specifically to the page it is published on, even if it is essentially the same image across 9 pages, it needs to have 9 different page-specific titles.

To push this SEO configuration more forward, you have the ability to change how BlueVoda actually "names" the shapes and other anonymous images on your pages from the defaulted "bv" prefix to something more clever as "index" for images on the 'index' page, "about_us" for all images on your 'About Us' page, etc. This is found from the BV Toolbar TOOLS > OPTIONS > PUBLISH
    This is usually not done, however, as 99% of the people who pick this method up cannot seem to maintain the discipline of changing the prefix for each page (which if left unchanged can totally screw up the entire site), or totally overdo the process and thus flag the SE's as a page that is overly optimized and thus suspect and non-compliant (just 2 months ago, Google released a White Paper warning that overly optimized web pages will now be additionally scrutinized for the minute flaws that exist in their attempt to re-establish the method of Organic Metrics being the 'standard' rather than "robotically perfect" web content scoring higher than worthy Content naturally).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Images will be published with the original name if used as they are. If, instead, you add effects (shadows, frames etc) then a new image is generated and BV assigns the standard bv_imgxxx or bv0xxx name
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks Vasili and Navaldesign, so Vasili, are you saying that I can Over "SEO" my site? I'm not talking about black hat or anything like that, but I thought we were "Supposed" to do the best job possible with our SEO, again, I don't mean paying for links from link banks, or content farms, just doing my best to get my site found for my key words. If I take what your saying correctly, I can overdue it with correct content, image names and relevent information? How do you know when enough is enough? And what is enough? I am on page one of Google for my key words, so I should Stop?
        Navaldesign, is there a way to change the name of the "newly generated" image if I'm using effects? Thanks for all the help!

Comment

1. As Naval pointed out, any previously Titled image that is 'changed' within BV (adding a shadow, outline, etc.) actually creates a "new" image that will automatically necessitate a new Title to be applied. The only way around this is to "apply" all the different attributes (shadow, outline, bevel, etc.) to the image outside of BV (using MS Publisher, for instance) and taking a screenshot or directly Saving that image to later crop or whatever else is needed to finish formatting prior to importing into BV.
          * Basically, format your images completely before Saving them on your hard drive with the Title that makes page-specific values clear, and then import them onto your BV pages.

2. The best way to remain compliant and get the best results from organic, natural SEO is to keep things simple (conservative) and not a "chore" .... and the few simple META Tools BV has built in pretty much draws the line as to what is considered basic, simple, clean, and natural: Keywords, Page Description, Page Title, H-META, Page-Specific Image Titles, Navigation methods, etc. Once you start maxing out the limits of KW density, rotating non-anchored words and phrases regularly to not get caught, or stuffing descritpions without basis for doing so, then the SEO task is no longer simple and real, requiring you to update it more than occasionally and to rotate the elements to keep ahead of the SE's.
          I would like to say "follow your conscience" but I have learned far too many people are desperately scrambling for the elusive top when they can't even think along the same lines let alone have a moral compass to guide them individually! Natural is always better than contrived, in Life and the SEO race, even though it usually resembles the Tortise and not the Hare.
          Always remember the Key Concepts: Compliance, Relevance, Desirability, Reliability, and Sustainability.

To read more specifically on this concept of "over-optimiazation" and the new Google Penalty, review this thread that has links to multiple published articles in addition to my comments.

Like I said to your peer in the above thread .... "your time is coming" .... I suggest you also just keep doing what you are doing with a knowing smirk to the side as you await these others getting their due comeuppance!
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili for the informative reply. From this point on I will be "Accenting" my photos before importing into BV, that's a great suggestion (should be in the Treasure Chest!). I totally agree with what you said "far too many people are desperately scrambling for the elusive top when they can't even think along the same lines let alone have a moral compass to guide them individually!" Although it did take me several years to get to page one for my KW, I was able to do it by following the suggestions and instruction found here on the BV forum. I still get frustrated when I see some of my competitors going totally Black Hat to gain exposure, but over time I also get to see them "Dissapear" from the front page. I will continue to move forward with the "Knowing Smirk" that I have followed the Rules and therefore reap the rewards! Thanks Again!

Comment

Working...
            X