Includes or DWT; using OSC with Frontpage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Includes or DWT; using OSC with Frontpage

Hi. I built my site with Yahoo's sitebuilder, but am in the process of switching to Vodahost. I'm learning Frontpage now. It seems that, for common page elements, I can use Includes, iFrames, Shared Borders, or a Dynamic Web Template. I'm leaning toward include pages - although I've never worked with any of these. I just know that making changes to my logo and nav bar in the old program was tedious - that's why I got Frontpage. Any pointers?

Also, I plan to set up my catalog/shopping cart with OSCommerce. How do I integrate that with my Frontpage files?

Thanks.

Jennifer

Re: Includes or DWT; using OSC with Frontpage

OsC is php based, and is not compatible with FP.
    You can, however, use FP to edit some of the scripts and elements of layout, but FP "pages" will not be importable.

SO much of the OsC carts is pre-formatted and easily "customizable" that you need not soak yourself in FP learning curves.....and, since it is "Open Source Commerce" many MODifications are already available for you to install, making it one of the most versatile commerce solutions around.

Your best bet would be to go through all of the tutorials available here in VodaTalk, and visit the official OsC support Forum to bone up on some of the issues and developments that you may find enlightening as you plan your cart (save a lot of frustration by having a clearly defined plan).
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X