Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a website have too much information? Opinions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a website have too much information? Opinions??

Hey people,

Just wanted to get your opinion on whether or not a website can have too much information.

Is it a bit like sex where we want just a sneek peek, enough to get us excited and want to see/know more?

Or do we want to scrutinize every little detail (at our own leisure) in the one stop everything but the kitchen sink shop?

Personally, I use the net to find out as much information as possible about a company or product that I want to use/purchase and I like being able to make informed decisions before I go ahead.

Would love to know what your thoughts are!!
    Rowena

The Link Dental Personnel
    www.thelinkdentalpersonnel.com

Re: Can a website have too much information? Opinions??

everything that come with "too" is no good.
    too tall, too short, too long, too fat, too thin ,too much, too little . . .
    you should be able to decide by now.

Comment

Just be honest & dont spam your page to much. If for argument sake you used the word dentist on your front page to much "IE:40 times" you quite likely get logged with the se's for spamming.
      The basic,s are think what a visitor will enter as a search to get to a page & place this in the page's text with keywords & page titles.
      Treat every page as an individual area with keywords & titles to match.
      On your front page title it might be better to omit the "The link" & have more words like "Dental personnel Dentist Relief staff"
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I'm not talking about meta and keywords, i mean the actual content of the website.

Is there such a thing about giving potential clients too much information about your business ie:

Your business philosophy
        Your mission statement
        Your vision
        Your product
        How much it costs
        Why it costs what it costs
        What the benfits are

Or is it simply better to just say "this is us and this is what we do" and leave it at that?
        Rowena

The Link Dental Personnel
        www.thelinkdentalpersonnel.com

Comment

Might be worth keeping the pages clean & straight to the point & then have a Q&A area on the site for the finer details.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yes, you can keep too much information in a website but your content should be more interesting and unique also. And your page may be slow down to load.

Comment

Working...
            X