This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP/IP 550 Msg Win7

I have set up FTP account in CP and following directions but when I try to connect I get "Failed to connect to server " error.

I have allowed BVFTP through the firewall in Win7 and using
    user ID listed in manual settings and correct password.

Why is this happening ?

Re: can't login to FTP using BVFTP

It is expected that you provide a URL to the website in question as outlined in and required by Forum protocol 'How To Ask For Assistance' so your issue can be reviewed properly to determine the specific solution.

You do not need to "set up [an] FTP account in cPanel" to connect to your hosting accunt using Blue FTP whatsoever ... you simply need to connect using the same information in the Blue FTP Connection Dialog Box as you do using Blue Voda and entering in the Publish Dialog Box.

If you can connect with your cPanel, why not simply upload, delete, edit, or download files using the File Manager within cPanel?

If, however, you are using another title other than Blue Voda to build your web page (i.e. Dreamweaver), then you will need to connect via FTP connection to publish items, and the same valid information is pretty evident on what to enter and where.

What is your account website URL, and what exactly are you trying to do?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

upgrade to Win7 OS ... everything set to get through firewall
      now "Publish" gets error message as well.
      I am simply trying to upload new pages and set up assets folder.
      I can access CP normally.

Comment

tried uploading updated page using file-manager ...
        still see old page on the web even though I verified the updated page is on the server
        and there is no duplicate ???!!

Comment

Sounds like it may have been a while since you've Published using Blue Voda ... your server may have been upgraded and a new IP address likely assigned.

Current status indicates you should be Publishing to 174.36.95.2 so be sure that you are not still publishing "blind" to the old server. Download the newest copy of Blue Voda to get this IP in the drop-down list in the Publish and Blue FTP Dialog Boxes if not present already.
          If you have not changed anything, your User Name and Password will still work, although after so many repeated attempts to Logon, the server may have locked you out, thinking it a hack attempt. If you are indeed apparently Locked Out using the correct IP and ID Info, simply Submit to Support Your Request to lift the lockout.

Comment

Fixed?

Comment

Re: FTP Question

Hi Vasili.
              I am having a similar problem. I have created and successfully published two previous websites with few problems with Blue Voda, and am now on my third project.

The domain www.excelpromanagement.com was purchased through ******* by my sister ... THEN she asked me to do her website for her.

I have purchased the hosting package for her, changed nameservers to VodaHost and uploaded the test files. Although I can see the files in C Panel I can't get them to publish to the website.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Jennifer

Comment

Hey, Jennifer!

You should be publishing to 208.43.222.142 and entered NS1.voda25.com and NS2.voda25.com, correct??

I fear you are publishing to an old IP for the account assignment, as the IP likely has been updated along with the server: the DNS information is enabled, as I can see your Directory Index online, but there are no "test pages" in the Directory, indicating you are indeed publishing "blind" to an older, 'retired' IP.

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply!
                  Those are the nameservers I used and that's the IP I'm publishing to.... Had to download the latest version of BV to get the IP to show up.

Odd that I can see the pages and you can't. I'll republish and see if that works.

Jen

Comment

When I try to publish the normal way it says;
                    "ERROR 550 ...can't change directory to public_html/excel: No such file or directory" but I can't find a reference to that error in the forums.

Jen

Comment

Do not publish to a Directory "excel" .... you need to publish simply to the public_html/ directory, as this account is for this domain, correct?

Do not fill anything into the Publish Dialog box other than IP/User/Password: publish your index page simply to " public_html/ "

PUBLISHING TIPS

Comment

I went back and deleted the BV software and reloaded a fresh version again. Still getting same error message.
                        I'm sure it's something simple but I'm stumped .....

The only thing I'm doing different this time is I've saved the page files in a folder on my external drive instead of my PC's hard drive. Could this affect it? I'm grasping for straws here ..

Comment

Slow down .... one step at a time --- we've already corrected a few things, now just one or two more:

1. Got you the new BV with the proper IP to publish to, solving publishing blind to a respoistory server instead of an active one.
                          2. Corrected the fact you need not publish to a directory since it needs be published only to the main Directory of a new account.
                          3. Now apparently, there is a connection issue?? .... which you might resolve trying one of the suggestions I mention in this thread.
                          and
                          4. Yes, you must first save the page you are trying to publish in the resident BV folder within the BV structure. You can archive (backup) your files externally, but with the way Windows7 is written (sans traditional folders) you need to maintain BV's continuity.

Comment

Hooray! Problem Solved!!! It was because I was saving the files on my external drive. Following your direction, I changed the name of the public folder, moved the index page to the BV folder and voila! It's up.

I have a lot of clean-up to do to move all my files, delete the old ones and upload the new ones but I'm all sorted out now.

I really appreciate your help. I know there are few things as frustrating as fixing up someone else's problems - especially from a remote location. But you're always so patient and polite even when we are not ... I don't know how you do it, but I'm sure glad you do!

Thanks again for everything!

Cheers!
                            Jennifer

PS - It seems our messages were cossing in cyberspace at one point and I apologize for that.

Comment

Just what I thought ...

Regularly refreshing your browser after posting assures you a quicker view of any replies!

I'm glad you got things taken care of. Now .... just relax, slow down, breathe, and take one step at a time - and know that I always try to provide only the best proven solutions to issues, and would never waste your time otherwise!

Some of us really do care ......

Comment

Working...
                              X